We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Celuisma Cabareta

Sydney, Canada
Level Contributor
604 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Celuisma Cabareta

Could someone tell me the good,bad and ugly about this resort. Its not a bad price online so I am thinking on booking it. I am looking for good food, nice beach and pool and great drinks. Heard it is windy, how bad is it in January? How are the rooms and washrooms? Coffee pot in room? Thanks Hola from the Cape....

Sydney, Canada
Level Contributor
604 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Celuisma Cabareta

What are the best rooms and how late does the bar stay open too? How are the snacks? Is it a busy resort and how big is it. Sorry for all the questions. I was looking at pics and seen a few kids is this an adult only resort? Thanks again....

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
39,535 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Celuisma Cabareta

Having not stayed at the Celuisma I can only offer you information by saying that the hotel is indeed Adults Only, it opened as an AO hotel in November 2010 after being closed for a refurbishment. The photos you have seen with children are probably old photos back when it was a family hotel before the refurb.

Angie.

Leeds, Engalnd
Level Contributor
2,992 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Celuisma Cabareta

I too have not stayed here however I would suggest that you are best looking through the reviews for this hotel as they may be able to shine some light on on some of your questions

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
43,383 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Celuisma Cabareta

Celuisima Cabarete is a small resort, looted in an area called Camino del Sol. You'll need transportation to come to the center of town.

It'll be windy in January, mostly in the afternoons. The beach area where Celuisima is located is nice but the ocean quite rough and could have a strong undertow.

Sorry I can't comment on rooms, drinks nor food as I never stayed there.

Silvia

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,448 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Celuisma Cabareta

It is a 5-8 min cab ride into town from there. Also it is in an area that you would not want to walk around in off the resort at night.

Never stayed there so can't comment on the rooms and such but do note that it is somewhat isolated.

BObK

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Celuisma Cabareta

I stayed here quite a few years ago. It is quite far from town, it would require a taxi...they used to have a shuttle bus but undependable an only during the day. At that time there was another huge complex down the street which now has been shut down. There are some time share and condos and there used to be some bars and restaurants...last year when I went over everything was shut-down....there is nothing to do at nite. The hotel is quite aways off the main road and deserted at night. 2 speciality reataurants mexican and thai, buffet was typical Dominican food, 2 pools 2 bars 1 serves as entertainment area. Rooms vwery basic but clean,staff very friendly

If you want a very quiet adult only in bed by 10 vacation, maybe but I would reccommend the Tangerine in town...with Cabarete town right outside the front door or better yet 1 of the smaller hotels like the Alegria.

7. Re: Celuisma Cabareta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Cabarete