We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabarete Bachelor Group

11 posts
Save Topic
Cabarete Bachelor Group

We are doing some planning for a group coming into town in May and are still looking for a place to stay. We have a group of 18 guys with the majority in their mid 20s, but going up to 40s.

It's going to be a 3 night trip, Friday to Monday and we are looking at places to stay. From what I've gathered from the forums we are going to contact the Ocean Dream, Ocean One, and Beach Palace. The idea is getting a few 3 bedrooms between us. Are there any other 'resorts' or condos along the lines of these that have multiple bedroom units. We want to be within walking distance of food, drink etc.

One must of ours is watching the UEFA Champions League final. From what I can see Kahunas or Jose O Shea's seems like the place to go. Any opinions on either?

One night we plan on taxiing out to Sosua and checking out the night life there. The 3rd night just depends on how much fun we have in either place on the first 2 nights.

One must is the idea of doing an outdoor excursion on one of the days. Most likely Sunday. I saw Mel's catamaran isn't offered on Sundays. Any other ideas? Heard horror stories of 27 Waterfalls. But the idea still sounds interesting. Perhaps a dune buggy ride? With a big group like this we are trying to find something that can accommodate us

Finally what's the best way from the airport and back for us? Is there a company we can set up transportation with for all of us, or would it just be easier splitting up and grabbing cabs. Keep in mind we will all each have our own luggage so plenty of bags.

Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance

Leeds, Engalnd
Level Contributor
3,036 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabarete Bachelor Group

Hey why not look at going Zip lining @ Monkey Jungle for ur outing :-)

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,749 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabarete Bachelor Group

I second the vote for Monkey Jungle zip line for a great activity for you guys. If you contact them directly they maybe able to help with the transportation for your group. http://www.monkeyjungledr.com

Kahuna's for sure. Cheaper and a better crowd.

For transport you might contact Elias. He may be able to arrange 3 vans for you guys.

Elias:

taxieliasdr@hotmail.com

809-571-3602

809-842-5557 (cell phone)

His cell is best as if he is busy it may be a day or two before he answers emails

Have a great time.

BObK

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabarete Bachelor Group

If you don't have time to make it to Sousa to check out the nightlife you would still have a great time right in Cabarete.

Just go to Kahuna's and the bars are lined up one after the other.. Kahuna's has all kinds of specials through the night. Each hour is some kind of new special like 3 for 1 Cubra Libres (100 pesos), etc. They also light the bar on fire while the workers dance on it. Great times!

Right next to Kahuna's (5 second walk on the beach) is Onno's which is more of a outdoor club at night. Nothing big and spectacular but does the job.

After that is a little hut type deal called Mojito's but you sit out on the tables on the beach, followed by another bar/dance type place called Havana's which plays more Spanish/Latin type music.

Anyways they all line the beach one after another and only a few seconds walk to each one to make it easy to come and go as you please...

Wherever your staying it's fairly easy to catch a moto into town. We always just told them to drop us of at Kahuna's entrance and from there you can figure out everything. Also easy to catch publi taxis and so forth to travel back and forth. Be prepared to negotiate prices for rides they like to start high.

Also forget USD there and use Peso's much easier conducting transactions in Peso's and much cheaper. Be sure to stop at one of the little bank huts to get change... Get lots of Peso bills in 50s and 20s... If you plan on going back and forth via publi taxi or moto into the center of Cabarete... We found it much easier negotiating prices for rides when we had small bills as they don't like to give change. Also don't leave all your money together... Keep a few peso's in one pocket so you can pull it out and be like "this is all I have" to get your ride.

Daytime or even nighttime on the street if you were facing the entrance to Kahuna's if you walked to the right just a few shops down you'll hit a liquor store... Nice cold Presidente's for only 60 peso's. Grab one to walk around the town. Still more then at Janet's supermarket but cheaper then at the bars.

Safe Travels!

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
43,797 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabarete Bachelor Group

In the list of bars above, Ojo disco is missing. I would encourage you to visit Ojo if you're here during the weekend (after 11pm or midnight). It's the nicest club in Cabarete. If you go there, don't miss the view from the top terraza. Ojo opens Thursday-Sunday.

Silvia

11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabarete Bachelor Group

So far we haven't had much luck with the condos listed above. I suppose they don't want a large group assuming we will be loud and disruptive. Any other ideas of where to stay? We'd want to be somewhere close to everything and a villa probably isn't going to be big enough or easy to get our big group places from it. We aren't opposed to going the hotel route either

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
43,797 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cabarete Bachelor Group

Try Velero Resort and Millennium. Both have rooms and apartments, but I don't believe that either has a three-bedroom, only one and two bedrooms, or penthouse.

Now if neither of those work for your group, then I'll have to suggest to go for a bit more modest accommodations (which are more likely to be willing to accommodate your group, especially in May which is low season). For example, Palm Beach Condos and Villa Taina (hotel) are very well located in the center of town and are mid-range.

Finally, one hotel that can accommodate a big group, unlikely to have an issue with a big party group, and is right in the center of town, is Hotel Kaoba. They have budget rooms, bungalows and a good penthouse.

Silvia

Edited: 14 December 2013, 13:41
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
43,797 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cabarete Bachelor Group

Forgot to say, to go directly through the hotels/condos, and not through online booking agents (some don't give out to online sites more than a few rooms). You can find their websites just by googling their names.

Silvia

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Cabarete Bachelor Group

Check out http://www.homeaway.com/

I see a place on there that sleeps 20 people.

www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p438065vb

Best of luck

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
43,797 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cabarete Bachelor Group

Thebennyp,

If you're interested in the house on homeaway, ask for the exact location and post it here. From the listing, it looks like is located 10 miles from Cabarete (that's what it says the nearest restaurant is). However, from the map, it looks like it is closer to Sosua and that wouldn't be 10 miles, but far enough from Cabarete to require transportation.

If I understood correctly, you're looking for accommodations really close to town. If that's not the case, let us know. We may be able to suggest other places.

Silvia

PS: The homeaway listing talks about a "private beach". Please note that under Dominican law, all beaches are public.

Edited: 14 December 2013, 16:04
MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Cabarete Bachelor Group

Yes as Silvia mentioned best to post the ones you find here so they can tell you the location of it.... The one I posted was just an "example" that there is a few places that would hold all of you guys... Go through the ones listed there.. Maybe you can find 3 units in the same complex that sleeps 6 each.

If worse comes to worse why not check out the all inclusive viva wyndham tangerine?

Get answers to your questions about Cabarete
Recent Conversations