We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel from Cabarete to Samana

Magog, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
travel from Cabarete to Samana

Are there buses from Cabarete to Samana ? What is the best means to make the trip ?

Thanks.

nyc
Level Contributor
2,316 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel from Cabarete to Samana

Ask around, if not from cabarete, definatly puerto plata.

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,255 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel from Cabarete to Samana

There is a bus that runs once a day early in the morning and stops at Janet's supermarket. However I don't remember the name of it.

RV or Expat in Cabarerete I am sure will answer sometime to day with the name and contact info.

BObK

Magog, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel from Cabarete to Samana

Thanks Bobk

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,984 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: travel from Cabarete to Samana

There is a bus:

Transportes Papagayo 809-749-6415 leaves Puerto Plata Hospital around 6:45am once a day for Samana. They stop in front of Janet's in Cabarete but will stop anywhere in Cabarete/Sosua if you call them. I was told they go through Cabarete at about 7:15am. To be safe, I would be at Janet's stop at 7am. Call them to be sure.

Magog, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travel from Cabarete to Samana

Thanks

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,411 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travel from Cabarete to Samana

Yes, best to call ahead of time to check on their current schedule through Cabarete. Be patient as sometimes they don't answer the phone and you need to call back. Also, keep in mind that they don't speak English.

Silvia

Palmerton...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: travel from Cabarete to Samana

flew into Samana in February and also needed to go to Puerto Plata. I also used the local daily Bus called Transportes Papagayo that leaves from Puerto Plata each day at 6:30 am and arrives in Samana at 9 am and returns from Samana at 2 pm and gets to Puerto Plata about 5 pm. They make stops all along the way including Cabarete and as the others say they stop at Janets between 7:10-7:30 am.This was exclusively locals when I took it. The owner of the bus is Salvador and is a very nice guy. I called him a couple weeks before arriving in February (he asked me to call him the day before coming to verify no change in my plans, and he offered to pick me up at the airport:off of his route) (El Catey) which he did. He told me prior to coming that it would be 600 Dominican Pesos-$15 US and that is what he charged. The only thing is Salvador speaks only Spanish if you don't speak Spanish you can have a friend who does call so he will keep an eye out for you but regardless you can't miss the Purple bus with a big sign"Transportes Papagayo" in the front windshield and wave him down. He has an assistent looking out for people waving down the bus also so you won't have a problem with that.. Salvador's phone number is 809-749-6415. It is a small to medium size bus and I really enjoyed it- the people on the bus were as I said before all Locals and very friendly. Have fun..

Magog, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: travel from Cabarete to Samana

Thanks so much

9. Re: travel from Cabarete to Samana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2015, 07:18