We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why the locals in Cabarete are awesome

Salem, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,487 posts
230 reviews
Save Topic
Why the locals in Cabarete are awesome

I stupidly left my American passport and about $50 in cash in a folder in the back of our cab from POP to Watermark Residence. When I remembered it two days later, the front desk tracked down the driver, Tony Taverez, who went back and found the van he had used, and there was my untouched passport and cash just where I had left them two days earlier. Tony delivered same, safe and sound to the front desk after work hours. The next day Tony drove us all the way to Santiago (1.5 hours) with very short notice in the pouring rain and got us to the airport on time when we had to leave on an emergency basis. Unbelievable work ethic and honesty. A big thank you to a working class hero. Tony can be reached at 809-862-9062 or tonytavarez@hotmail.com, great English, prompt, reliable, competent, can't really thank him enough.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,413 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why the locals in Cabarete are awesome

Sorry to hear you had to leave in an emergency but thank you so much for taking the time to post and recommend this taxi driver who is indeed a very honest guy. I'll make sure to keep his contact information and recommend him on this forum.

Silvia

Salem, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,487 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Why the locals in Cabarete are awesome

Also thanks are due to Patricia at the front desk of Watermark Residences who tracked down Tony and doggedly stayed on the phone with JetBlue early Sunday morning for close to an hour so we could leave quickly. She is a sweetheart.

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,256 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Why the locals in Cabarete are awesome

Sorry you had to leave suddenly but a good story. We so often only hear of he bad and not the Good.

My hat off to Tony

BObK

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
12 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Why the locals in Cabarete are awesome

To Leafpeeper98

Sorry about your short stay.. But I have to say , That is awesome news that you got all your documents back. It's just a mission to get them renewed. Geez you are a lucky camper. I really thank you for posting this because I'm actually heading to Watermark myself in April and it's great to hear of such great staff environment at the Watermark condo's. Congrats to Tony as well. What kind of car or van does Tony have leafpeeper98? I tried calling Elias someone BobK recommended but I haven't heard from him yet. It's good to know about Tony just in case Elias can't make it to have a reliable driver., I'm not renting a car and I am going to need a reliable driver to take me around the island.

Salem, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,487 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Why the locals in Cabarete are awesome

Tony drives a nice big clean SUV, or a van depending on what is needed. You can book him thru the front desk at Watermark. Take a look at my very recent review of Watermark under Cabarete special accommodations. I have posted condo photos and a list of things to bring along and local restaurants to make your awesome stay there even better. You are gonna love it! Inbox me with any questions.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
12 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Why the locals in Cabarete are awesome

Thank you for all the info , greatly appreciate the tips. Look forward to Watermark. I need a Vacay after all this snow in the eastcoast.If I have any questions I will definatly inbox me.

All the best.

7. Re: Why the locals in Cabarete are awesome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2015, 06:17