We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atm Theft at Banco BHD

Toronto, Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
Atm Theft at Banco BHD

Just got back from Cabarete on March 4th. I checked my bank statements and found there was theft on my debit card. I only used it at the ATM at Banco BHD. So please be careful.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
45,295 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atm Theft at Banco BHD

Sorry to hear that, and thanks for the warning. It's getting pretty bad in the area with ATMs. Last month or so, someone I know got his stolen at the Scotia bank.

I haven't done it yet but I hear you can walk into the bank and ask the teller to do a withdrawal for your using your ATM card. Not sure how it works but worth a try.

I never had mine stolen here, and I use Bankreservas which is outdoors and totally unprotected, but guess what, got it stolen in a 7-11 store in the US. I guess it can happen anywhere, but be extra careful here, and cover the keyboard with your hand when typing your pin.

Silvia

Toronto, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Atm Theft at Banco BHD

Thanks Silvia,

I agree it can happen anywhere. I think the bank will return my money so should be ok. You just never know.

Other than that I had a great time in Cabarete!

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
18,149 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atm Theft at Banco BHD

Glad to hear that inspite of the bank problem you had a good time

BObK

4. Re: Atm Theft at Banco BHD

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2015, 04:28
Get answers to your questions about Cabarete