We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crime and Safety

Highland, Michigan
Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Crime and Safety

My Husband and I are staying at Seawinds at Punta Gorda for 2 months starting in mid December. We also will be bringing are 5 year old Beagle who will be with us at all times. We will be walking everywhere since we only rented a car for 2 days. We will want to go to dinner at the beachfront restaurants in the early evening so we would be walking back after dark on the beach maybe around 8/10 pm or on the street. Is it safe? Are dog will be with us but he is friendly not an attack dog LOL!

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,256 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crime and Safety

You are a long way from town and about a 25 min walk. I am not sure you can get the whole way on the beach and I would not walk along the beach back home after dark. The street can be pretty dangerous as well as there are no real sidewalks. I would use a cab to get back and forth.

BObK

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,457 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crime and Safety

ou can walk on the beach from Seawinds but the first part of the beach, once you start walking, is pretty empty. I would not walk it not even in late afternoon/early evening. Take a cab. Better be safe than sorry. The minimum fare in town is around USD 6-7 one way.

No problem with taking your dog with you to restaurants, especially if you sit outdoors. There'll be plenty of beach dogs so do bring a leash and watch out for dog "fights". Just kidding but the beach dogs at times could get a little bit jealous :-)

Silvia

3. Re: Crime and Safety

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2015, 06:24