We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Souci

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
San Souci

Hello everyone

Has anyone stayed at this apartment or know anything at all about it?

thank you.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
45,223 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Souci

Which one, Playa Sans Souci? They look nice from what I can see through the windows. Never actually seen a room inside. Good location near the supermarket on the east part of Cabarete Bay.

Silvia

Mentioned in this post
Cabarete
Cabarete
Dominican Republic
Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Souci

Thanks Sylvia. I didn't know there was more than one. These apartments are right on the ocean, and building I believe is blue and white. Seems its at the end of the main stream, but not sure. Do you know any other apartments in Cabarete. I would really appreciate it if you can give me names of more apartments if you know of any. Will certainly help me in finding us a decent place.

Thanks again for any help you can give.

Linda

Mentioned in this post
Cabarete
Cabarete
Dominican Republic
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
45,223 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Souci

The owner of Sans Souci Playa (white and green building) built a new condo complex which I believe she is now renting units out short-term; the name is Morning Breeze (not run as a hotel) in Cabarete Center: http://www.cabaretemorningbreeze.com

Beach Palace Cabarete is a bit ore upscale than Morning Breeze: tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g317144-d123749…

Velero Resort is a condo building with rooms and apartments, but run as a hotel tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g317144-d301241…

The last two are in the same area as Playa Sans Souci (east tip of Cabarete Bay).

If you want less expensive than Beach Palace or Velero but in Cabarete bay, try Palm Beach Condos (Cabarete center): tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g317144-d150520…

There are lots of apartments for rent in Cabarete. It depends on which area of town you prefer to stay.

But Sans Souci is just fine and nice, if you prefer more budget friendly. Sorry I asked which Sans Souci. There were several but I think only two are left now, Playa and the one behind it which has a different name but I don't recall it now. The location is the same; difference is one building is on the ocean, the other is not.

Silvia

Mentioned in this post
Velero Beach Resort
Velero Beach Resort
390 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Cabarete
Cabarete
Dominican Republic
Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Souci

Thank you again for the information. This is really helping me a lot. I will definetly check out what you have given me. Yes, we are looking for something that is more budget friendly, doesn't have to be fancy at all, as long as it is close to amenities, ie. groceries, bank, shops, medical etc. We will not have a car so we need something that is within walking distance. Doesn't have to be on the beach Sylvia, but again within walking distance.

I very much appreciate the information you have given me and if you think of anything else please do let me know.

Thanks again

Linda

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
45,223 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: San Souci

Linda,

Most of what I gave you is as budget friendly like Sans Souci. Try also Apartamentos La Punta http://lapuntacabarete.com. It's also about one block from the grocery store and very well located. The only thing there is the beach. You can't swim right in front of the building, but you can easily walk about half a block west and you'll be fine swimming.

You won't need transportation in that area. Everything in Cabarete (within the bay) is pretty much within walking distance.

Silvia

Mentioned in this post
Cabarete
Cabarete
Dominican Republic
Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: San Souci

Thanks again, Silvia. You have been a big help!!!

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
45,223 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: San Souci

You're welcome. And I forgot to mention a great option, right in the center of town, Cita del Sol. Sorry about that. Here's the link just in case you haven't booked yet: tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g317144-d286479…

Silvia

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: San Souci

AWESOME!!! thank you. and not booking for another 6 months, so if you find any more, I would love it if you would send to me.

Thanks soooooooooo much again Silvia.

Linda

9. Re: San Souci

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Cabarete