We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nighclubs in sosua

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
nighclubs in sosua

Hi everyone. A friend and I are going to sosua in november 2010 (2 females) and would like to know of any good nightclubs. I have asked Linda at Mel tours but she does not go out at night so doesnt know where would be the best place to go. We like hip hop r&b but we are not fussy as long as we have a good night out. Has anyone been to a club there recently could you tell me what was it like. Or if you have any other suggestions all would be grately appreciated.

thanks everyone.

ayrshire, scotland
Level Contributor
934 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nighclubs in sosua

we went to jolly rogers pub but never saw any clubs there are a few bars that seem ok just beware dont be too drunk and maybe try to stay in a group although we felt safe there are a lot of unsavoury characters about and we were in big group, our disco in hotel was good

London, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nighclubs in sosua

just come back from a 3 week trip to sousa we went to classicos and latinos most nights classicos ( the one with the steps going up is good in the week but on the weekend ie fri sat sun its totally packed really cant move and its uncomfortable so we would hang out in latinos or el flow

we were out every night apart from 3 nights and had a great time its our 9th time there and we hoooked up with another english couple and a single guy from our hotel and went out every night in the last week

music generally latinos i think played more rnb /hip hop than the rest of the bars but as all the bars are on one street its easy to move from one to anothers no probs

new york
Level Contributor
302 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nighclubs in sosua

for 2 females in sosua, i would not recommend hanging in sosua.the atmosphere is pick up city,i know i'm there 3 times a year.i think caberete would suit you guys fine ,or clubs on the playa darodo complex in puerta plata. now with that said i must say that sosua is safe and you will have a good time if you have thick skin and could ignore the constant cat calls or maybe i'm overstepping my bounds and you are going there to hook up with a dominican primo. in any case i gave the best description i can. good luck and have fun and i hope this helped you good or bad

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,640 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nighclubs in sosua

I have to agree with Kishon. Head to Cabarete for a few nights of dancing and enjoying the clubs. Many of he restaurants on the beach become clubs after the dinner hour, Also Nikki beach recentlly opened a cllub.

BObK

new york
Level Contributor
302 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nighclubs in sosua

hey bobk maybe you can help me out. i'm flying into santiago next week and the few times i have flown into sti,i would take a taxi to the caribe tours bus and ride the bus to sosua.do you know of a better option other than renting a car to get to sosua. thanks

Isle of Man
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: nighclubs in sosua

"the caribe tours bus and ride the bus to sosua"

Don't know of any other options to answer your question, but if you do take the bus, take a jumper on the bus with you! The air-conditioning gets turned right up to full and the bus can actually get quite chilly.

And to the original poster, I would also suggest visit Cabarete to see what is on offer there. Bamboo & Onno's become quite lively late on in the night. Haven't had chance to visit the new place yet.

Edited: 18 September 2010, 09:25
Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,640 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: nighclubs in sosua

kshon,

You can also take a cab at a cost of about $100-$120. This will be for four (family members) people and luggage. Doing this will save you about an hour or more.

BObK

new york
Level Contributor
302 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: nighclubs in sosua

i was trying to avoid paying for a taxi unless i can find 3 or 4 other tourist thats going my way. i drove through the mountains of moca and santiago a few times. i think i'm going to drag my luggage over the pedestrian bridge and get a better rate for a taxi at sti. thanks bobk

9. Re: nighclubs in sosua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2011, 06:37