We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

27 waterfalls tour

Which Sosua hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Salem, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
227 reviews
Save Topic
27 waterfalls tour

2 questions: Just how scary is this tour? I am in pretty good shape, but unsure of how high these waterfalls are that you are supposed to leap from.

Also should we bring bug spray for the tour?

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,832 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 27 waterfalls tour

The tour is dangerous, the guides are not trained. Not something I would recommend.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
37,680 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 27 waterfalls tour

leafpeeper,

You might like to read this thread from earlier in the year, then come to a decision.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g147290-i64-k512…

Angie.

Edited: 19 November 2012, 15:49
Salem, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 27 waterfalls tour

WOW! You all have certainly opened our eyes. Thank you so very much, I had no idea how much danger I was stupidly courting.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,680 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 27 waterfalls tour

leafpeeper,

Exactly and people still do this excursion after all the warnings we give them, but of course its their own decision and possibly think it will never happen to them............it worries me deeply the amount of people that do not have the insight of our warnings here on TA as they are not members and go and do this trip without any knowledge of the dangers that they put before themselves !

So glad to have been of help and have opened your eyes to the dangers.

Angie.

Salem, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 27 waterfalls tour

thanks so m Angelina52. Do you have a recommendation for a children's charity in Sosua or Cabrete? I want to bring down craft supplies and give them to a school or non-profit.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,680 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 27 waterfalls tour

You might like to look at Sosua Kids here is a link to their website for more info.

http://sosuakids.com/

Angie.

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,177 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 27 waterfalls tour

Angie and RV are absolutly correct on the 27 falls. DON"T do it.

Sosua kids is a great charity. If you are in town you can drop off your gifts at the Jolly Rodger bar and they will make sure it gets to the right place.

BObK

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 27 waterfalls tour

Have looked at the link for Sosua kids from Angie and after going on their site would also like know more, what items are most useful etc.

Drummermum

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,177 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 27 waterfalls tour

Contact them from their web site and ask. They are always looking for donations. Great orginization with over 1000 local kids being able to go to school because your donations.

BObK

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,680 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 27 waterfalls tour

Hi Drummermum,

As quoted on their website.

<< Donations of Supplies

When we receive appropriate supplies of sufficient quality (i.e. new or "as new") we save these up and distribute them to children at the start of the school year in August. "Appropriate supplies" includes backpacks and things that the child is likely to need in the classroom (pens, pencils, pencil sharpeners and erazers, exercise books, basic calculators, maths sets etc.).

We do not seek any other types of non-monetary donations. However, when we do receive items not suitable for children to use at school, we will try to ensure that they are put to best use to help poor young people in the Sosua area. This may, at our discretion, include selling or using them as prizes at one of our fund-raising events or passing them on to some other person or organisation working with the poor people in this area.>>

Angie.