We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going back to Casa Marina July 21-28...anyone else going???

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
193 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Going back to Casa Marina July 21-28...anyone else going???

I'm returning to Casa Marina for my 3rd year in a row and wondering if any others from TA will be there. It is my 17th trip to the DR and I'd like to meet up for a drink with friends or acquaintances. Reply to this post or pm me, let's grab a beer and go for a stroll! July 21-28

Cheers,

d-r-guy

New York City
Level Contributor
3,594 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going back to Casa Marina July 21-28...anyone else going???

Cheers indeed!

I'm going down on the 11th, but I likely won't be around on the 21st (touring the interior for a bit before returning to Nooo Yawk). I'll buy a round on your 18th trip!

There'll be plenty of Presidentes and sunshine awaiting you and the other tourists you're sure to meet, who'll enjoy toasting the good life that is a vacation in the DR!

Feliz 17th!!

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
193 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going back to Casa Marina July 21-28...anyone else going???

Thanks BFG!

Bags are packed and I fly out of Toronto in 9 hours or so. Too bad we can't meet for a night on the town bro!

I hope you have a great trip and I will fill you all in when I return home.

Cheers all,

d-r-guy

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
193 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going back to Casa Marina July 21-28...anyone else going???

Back home again from another great trip to the DR and Sosua. Casa Marina was expected, clean rooms and poor food. In 8 days I ate only 2 meals at Casa Marina because the food in Sosua is soooo much better! Just reporting in, any questions just ask.

Cheers,

d-r-guy

Bath
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going back to Casa Marina July 21-28...anyone else going???

Just curious about the caution in Trip Advisor about the "false" reports regarding Casa Marina. Do they mean false "good" reports, to trick people into staying there OR false "bad" reports to drive people to other resorts. A bit concerned because we are heading there for our 1st time on the 27th.

Leeds, Engalnd
Level Contributor
3,067 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going back to Casa Marina July 21-28...anyone else going???

Hey Martha ....The caution maybe because there has been alot of very short reviews mentioning the same members of staff over and over again and these reviews are from members that have only posted once on there and that's it so it flags up concern that these might not be legitimate reviews ....do not worry about the hotel ...i have stayed there 3 times now and I'm due to go back new yrs eve ....It is a very decent 3 * in a great location ...if ur expecting 5* luxury then this is not the hotel for u ...but if u are expecting a decent hotel with good service, staff and food then u will be fine :)

6. Re: Going back to Casa Marina July 21-28...anyone else going???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Sosua
Recent Conversations