We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from lifestyle resort to Sousa and santo Domingo

Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Bus from lifestyle resort to Sousa and santo Domingo

Ok so I got two places I wanna see with my daughter. In my mind I like to wake up early at least two days of our vacation and we go to Sousa and go to the capital. I'm staying at lifestyle and I understand if u take a taxi to catch the metro buses u can go either place, Sousa or the capital , but I'm like ok once I'm off the bus what's nxt? Any suggestions?

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
18,143 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from lifestyle resort to Sousa and santo Domingo

First off the Capitol (Santo Domingo ) is a long trip and plan on about 9 hours on the bus (a bit over 4 hours each way) plus time waiting for the but. So not much time to explore and SD is really a 2 day trip to be able to see anything. So think about this.

Second you will be better off ( and save lots of time) hiring a cab for a round trip to Sosua and don't pay him till he comes back for you at the appointed time. The cost for the RT should be about $70 - $80 and not all that much more than the cost of the cabs (2 at each end) and the bus. A day is Sosua is definitely worth it.

BObK

Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from lifestyle resort to Sousa and santo Domingo

Ok thank you. I knew the capital was far but you probably right. I'll just cross that off my list and me and my daughter use that money to enjoy a day at Sousa. If we like it enough maybe two. Thank you Bobk.

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,143 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from lifestyle resort to Sousa and santo Domingo

You are welcome

Have a great trip

BObK

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,212 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from lifestyle resort to Sousa and santo Domingo

Instad of santo domingo you may be interested in a day trip to Santiago. The centre round calle sol has some interesting buildings and things to do.

Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from lifestyle resort to Sousa and santo Domingo

@domingouk, thanks, Do you recommend any tour companies? Or just take a taxi ? I do have a friend in Santiago visiting her family, I was thinking to link with her, yet I hate depending on people . When I'm ready to do something I like to just do it.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,212 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from lifestyle resort to Sousa and santo Domingo

The best regular bus company is metro tors. Here is a link metroserviciosturisticos.com/index.php/horar…

They have one bus station in santiago in the centre near el monumento. Walking from here to calle sol will not take long and it is perfectly safe. Google maps will give you a good overview.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,212 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus from lifestyle resort to Sousa and santo Domingo

Thebus will be cheapest but a taxi maybe easier from your hotel.

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,143 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus from lifestyle resort to Sousa and santo Domingo

Contact Elias:

taxieliasdr@hotmail.com

809-571-3602

809-842-5557 (cell phone) (best way to get a hold of him)

He will arrange a tour for you for the day, 1/2 day what ever you want. He has a new van, speaks perfect English, honest, and does private tours for our clients all the time. Very reasonable as well. He can arrange a custom tour (depending on what you want to do) to Santiago for you, or a local tour of Puerto Plata and the north coast as well.

BObK

Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus from lifestyle resort to Sousa and santo Domingo

@domingouk, thanks once again.

Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus from lifestyle resort to Sousa and santo Domingo

Thank you bobk. I see his name here a lot. I'm new to the site. I never used a person off the internet but everyone recommends him. This trip I will contact him. Thank you

Get answers to your questions about Sosua