We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nakamanda, Amari or Sofitel

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Nakamanda, Amari or Sofitel

Hey Guys,

A bit confused on which to choose between Nakamanda, Amari or Sofitel in Nong Thale. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

norwich
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nakamanda, Amari or Sofitel

Hi,nakamanda is probably best situated with restaurants and mini marts on its doorstep.the Sofitel is about 10 minutes walk further down the beach with the Amari a further 10 minute drive further on and is rather remote .

All are very good hotels having stopped at the nakamanda and Sofitel , tough decision just depends wether you want things with in walking distance or don't mind the remoteness of the Amari .

The nakamanda has several steps within the grounds as I believe does the Amari.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nakamanda, Amari or Sofitel

Thanks for the info :)

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nakamanda, Amari or Sofitel

Sofitel is a massive hotel with the best pool in the area stayed there for 7 nights loved it not to far to walk to a few bars and restaurants nakamanda is a bit more exclusive and a lot smaller walked around it but really didn't like the feel of the place rooms were lovely thou nakamanda a lot more money than sofatel. amari is very isolated on its own beach class hotel but a little to remote for my liking if you like being hotel based the amari would be top choice if you like to walk along beaches not be to far from all krabi has to offer and only a 15 minute taxi in to aonang then my favourite would be the sofatel but all three have there merits you make your own mind up but you wont be disappointed with any

Mumbai (Bombay...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Nakamanda, Amari or Sofitel

Hi,

I have a similar confusion. I will be travelling to Krabi in January 2015 for my honeymoon. I'm confused between Nakamanda, Sofitel and Beyond Resort Krabi?

Whatever reviews I could go through suggests' Nakamanda as a better of the lot.

I'm a vegetarian hence availability of quality vegetarian food will be a priority...

Please suggest....

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
3 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nakamanda, Amari or Sofitel

Hi There,

Having recently stayed at Nakamanda - I can definitely recommend it. It is quiet and peaceful - see my review. We only had breakfast at this establishment -and vegetarian options are not abundant -though adequate. There are excellent restaurants just outside the Hotel - see my review on Bai Tong - and they can definitely cater to your needs.

Hope this helps?

6. Re: Nakamanda, Amari or Sofitel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2015, 05:16