We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic mirage resort

wisconsin
Level Contributor
829 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Majestic mirage resort

Can anyone tell me..... was this a new build, a resort renovation, or a different resort in the past? It doesn't seem like a brand new construction. But i wasn't sure.

8 replies to this topic
Jackson,NJ
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
11,518 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Majestic mirage resort

Brand new

South Brunswick...
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Majestic mirage resort

New...so the good news is most things are relatively new, and it was not very crowded where other resort locations seem to be much more crowded. They did rush the build to open end of last year so there are cosmedic issues here and ther(tiles in a few pools coming off or missing, some faucets or caulking issues) but these are minimal and will be addressed over time I assume. Also the service is great with very dedicated hard working friendly staff but there are communication issues between staff that sometimes slow down food/drink/activities requests, again I assume these will work out over time as well. Overall a great place with postcard beautiful views

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Majestic mirage resort

If you are staying at the Mirage in the club section, be aware that construction is going on 12-16 hours day, 6 1/2 days a week. I was not happy with this. Our stay was 23-30 June. THe resort is beautiful, service is mediocre, food is acceptable. A lot of the staff can't speak any English at all. FRom what were told by the rooms division manager, construction is expected to last another 160 days. SO please please check out your rooms. IF anyone wants to see the construction picture I have them. We have been to the Colonial Majestic twice in the last 10 months and loved it.

Toronto, Canada
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Majestic mirage resort

Mirage is spanking brand new. Not crowded at all when we went this afternoon. I like their sports bar better.

Mapleton, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Majestic mirage resort

The Majestic Mirage is brand new as of last year. The other two attached resort sections have been there for a while.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Majestic mirage resort

Its a new build. It was finished at the end of 2016.

Nj
Level Contributor
949 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Majestic mirage resort

yes, brand new. They had their soft opening Dec 2016. We were there in May and any last minute touches at the resort were not an issue at all. We found the food and drink to be fantastic as well as the staff. It was built on the vacant lot next to the Elegance (that lot happens to be my picture in my posts). Yes, the staff are not fluent in English but we had no problems. Really loved all the pool bars and the fact that the standard room is two rooms (living room/ bedroom/ 1 &1/2 baths)..nearly 1000 sq. feet.. If you want to see what it looks like, especially the beautiful pools and beach, go to you tube and search "walking tour of the majestic mirage"

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Majestic mirage resort

It's a brand new resort. I believe it was open around Christmas 2016. We were at Elegance (next door) in September last year - they were still building the Mirage at that time.

Reply to: Majestic mirage resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bavaro