We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

events

coventry,england
Level Contributor
624 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
events

Hi all,

Visiting DR in October staying at the Riu Palace Bavaro and really looking forward to it.When visiting other Countries we like to see a lot of the local/National culture,apart from the normal excursions that are on offer,is there any traditional fairs/markets/shows/events on in October that we can visit.

Mags

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,904 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: events

Worth checking DR1.com for infomation regarding events at that time.

If you are not keen on tours you could catch the Metro Tour bus from Puerto Plata to Santiago for the day The city has a big produce market and the historic centre - around Calle El Sol is worth a visit.

Juan Luis Guerra - the most famous Dominican musician will actually be appaering in London (Royal Albert Hall) 14th October,

coventry,england
Level Contributor
624 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: events

Thanks for the info,just been on DR1.com loads of info on there about everything,great site.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,904 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: events

Sorry - for some reason I thought you were staying on the north coast. As you are in Bavaro a trip to Santiago would not be a good idea - too far. As an alternative you could take the Expresso Bavaro bus to Santo Domingo and stay a night in the Zona Colonial - great atmosphere, plenty to do, and historically very interesting.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: events

that was my thought, a ride from the east to the northwest in just one day, lol.

we have some activities here on the east, too, but to be honest those concerts are with foreign actors/the Hard Rock is a good place with good ones, don't expect much of it to be typical dominican or something out of the local culture. PC has not much/nothing of dominican culture to show, it is around 60.000 guests here at all times and they demand different.

happy travels

Mike

coventry,england
Level Contributor
624 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: events

Just noticed Rhianna is in DR in oct,like her music but apparently she is always turning up late or drunk,not my idea of a night out.When I was in Jamaica went to Nine Mile town to see where Bob Marley was born,now that's what I call culture,It was a great visit met his cousin and learned a lot about the man.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,904 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: events

imo the juan luis guerra concert in london will be the best dominican experience you will find. Go if you have the chance. For Dominican's he is their 'national treasure'

coventry,england
Level Contributor
624 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: events

I would love too Domingouk,however we fly out to DR the morning of the 15th Oct so we will be travelling in the evening of the 14th.

Mags

8. Re: events

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Bavaro