We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

should we change from Catalonia Bavaro to Grand Palladium PC

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
should we change from Catalonia Bavaro to Grand Palladium PC

We are booked to go with our teenage children to Catalonia Bavaro April 2014. We chose it on the grounds of budget and it being located on a quiet stretch of beautiful beach with calm sea. Our travel agent has offered to 'upgrade' us to a 2 bedroom 'luxury villa with 2 bathrooms'. I would really appreciate opinion as to if we should change our booking?

Many thanks for your time

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: should we change from Catalonia Bavaro to Grand Palladium PC

I missed out that it's a 2 bed/bth villa at the Grand Palladium Resort & Spa Punta Cana - oops!

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,799 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: should we change from Catalonia Bavaro to Grand Palladium PC

If they are offering you the Grand Palladium for the same cost basis as the Catalonia, our opinion is that it's a "no-brainer", especially as they have one of the absolute best teen activity programs in the region!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: should we change from Catalonia Bavaro to Grand Palladium PC

That's a great deal!! Be aware that the beach area is not quiet nor the sea calm as it is at Catalonia. It's up to you to decide your priorities and what your teens might be interested in. I don't believe Catalonia has a specific teen activities program but rather activities geared to all who wish to participate such as pool games, archery, beach volleyball etc.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
1,116 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: should we change from Catalonia Bavaro to Grand Palladium PC

If your teen is into sports the pallidium is a great choice, their sports area is huge and always hopping, especially late afternoon when it cools a bit.

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
3,949 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: should we change from Catalonia Bavaro to Grand Palladium PC

Which section of the Palladium are they offering you - there are three: Bavaro, Palace and Punta Cana. The Bavaro section has been renovated just this year, the other sections not. I am confused by the wording "two bedroom luxury villa with 2 bathrooms". I know the Bavaro section has jr suites connecting to double rooms to create a a 2 bedroom suite.

ontario
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: should we change from Catalonia Bavaro to Grand Palladium PC

The Bavero with the newly renovated rooms would be my choice. The beach is great and there is plenty for teens to be involved with (daily activities on and off the beach, disco at night). The resort is a safe community. Combine that with a wide variety of food cuisine (as well as the typical favourites ... pizza, fried, burgers, etc). Take The palladium

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: should we change from Catalonia Bavaro to Grand Palladium PC

Thank you so much for your replies: they are SO helpful.

Our main reason for making an 8 hour flight is a beach the likes of which you cannot find in Europe so because it is quiet and calm Catalonia still gets our vote. Plus, we discovered the upgrade included a stopover so a direct flight is definitely preferable.

Incidentally, my husband thinks I was lucky to get any replies with my profile photo!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: should we change from Catalonia Bavaro to Grand Palladium PC

I think your profile pic is rather interesting. I'm sure there's quite a funny story behind it.

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: should we change from Catalonia Bavaro to Grand Palladium PC

I am not sure about your travel agents description as there are no 2 bedroom villas at the grand palladium Punta Cana, there are

255 rooms: 243 Deluxe rooms and 12 Junior Suites, in 3 buildings of 85 rooms.

196 rooms: 14 Loft Suites (Junior Suites Duplex) and 182 Deluxe rooms in 7 villas of 28 rooms.

Buildings 2000 and 3000 have between the 2 of them 164 deluxe rooms with closed bathrooms.

Building 4000 are open concept bathrooms.

villas in the punta cana section are 63, 64,65,66, 73,74,75 and they have open concept bathrooms.

I believe that there is the possibility of adjoining rooms.

The grand palladium is currently building new buildings in the bavaro section right next to the Punta Cana section, there may be 2 room suites there, I will see what I can find out.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: should we change from Catalonia Bavaro to Grand Palladium PC

Margadagio - short version - amusing the children at Christmas!