We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SOLO Vacation Punta Cana-Bavaro

Maribor, Slovenia
Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
SOLO Vacation Punta Cana-Bavaro

Hello everyone, I have a question, In november I am going for the first in DR-alone. Is here anyone . who has been there alone allready? Some advices are very welcome. Thank you

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
219 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SOLO Vacation Punta Cana-Bavaro

I am off to the Ambar for my first solo trip in a few weeks. I will keep you posted. Where will you be staying? I decided on the Ambar for the adult only quietness, with the option for the properties within the complex for a bit more excitement and night life. I am super excited and nervous at the same time.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,115 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SOLO Vacation Punta Cana-Bavaro

I've soloed twice to PC - it's really great. Stayed at PCP the first time, and what is now SRB the second time. Totally different experiences, but both were really terrific. I think my solo travel days are over however, as my bf isn't too keen on letting me go without him.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
14,233 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SOLO Vacation Punta Cana-Bavaro

solo trips are great fun, done it a few times and once for 4 weeks :-)

Maribor, Slovenia
Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SOLO Vacation Punta Cana-Bavaro

pack up and go I will be in Vik Hotel Arena Blanca, I feel the same as you do, I am exited, nervous, affraid, happy :-) please post me when you come back, when are you going? poozieny thank you for your answer I hope that everything will be great.

Maribor, Slovenia
Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SOLO Vacation Punta Cana-Bavaro

I am a little bit ,but yust a little bit affraid, some people say that is it dangerous to go there solo as a woman, but I do not think something bad will happened. I have decided that I will go no matter what.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
14,233 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SOLO Vacation Punta Cana-Bavaro

just don't fall for any Sankies .... look up Sankies on the internet.

Cheers, Debbie

Maribor, Slovenia
Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: SOLO Vacation Punta Cana-Bavaro

Thank you very much for info Debbie.

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
219 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: SOLO Vacation Punta Cana-Bavaro

I leave September 27 2013. Yes watch out for the sankies lol. I have my e reader and my water proof ipod protector. I am good for 2 weeks relaxation!!! I will keep in touch.

Leeds, Engalnd
Level Contributor
3,013 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: SOLO Vacation Punta Cana-Bavaro

I have been to the DR solo numerous times to different parts of the Island, always felt safe and never had any problems ....well aprt from the sankies trying it on.....also as u would any where in the world, when travelling solo try not to make ur self a target i.e don't flash wads of cash, keep jewellery to a minimum or just cheap dress stuff, and if your drinking try to keep your head about u and don't get absolutely trashed lol .....

if u do fancy going out off resort one night a good idea is to make friends with the Animation team (entertainment staff) and ask them to take you, that way u'll be with other people who know the place and should look after you :-)

Maribor, Slovenia
Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: SOLO Vacation Punta Cana-Bavaro

Thank you both, I have heard for sankies for the first time time yesterday, I know I just need to use common sense, Ana maria that is a very good idea to live the Resort with Animation team, I would not go alone, exept on excursions.

Get answers to your questions about Bavaro
Recent Conversations