We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wristbands at Luxury Bahia Esmerelda

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
59 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Wristbands at Luxury Bahia Esmerelda

First off, I have learned so much through this forum! Brooklin - you are awesome! With your helpful map and suggestions, we have booked the Bahia Esmerelda for five nights for a surprise Christmas trip with our kids: 21, 18 and 13 who are very adventurous eaters so we wanted a resort with good food and as much luxury as possible. I understand the 13 year old would not be welcome at the Ambar ala carte, but my consider a reservation there for the hubby and I. My question is if the big kids want to take little sis with them exploring the rest of the Bahia complex, will there be restrictions by wristband color, i.e. if they go somewhere alcohol is served (only my 21 year old son will be partaking) will they not be allow in with her? Say, a sports bar or somewhere else fun?

Second question: would it be worth it to get the butler service for my husband and I? What about tips for butler service?

Pools & Beach: that map is so helpful! But what about what looks like the big pool complex right on the beach - between Ambar and the Esmerelda...is that the most happening? Can we hang out there and get drink service (with our 13 year old in tow?) Does the drink service only work at the local Esmerelda pools? What about getting up early to secure chairs at the pool and beach? Do you get beach chairs reserved by yourself and is the Esmerelda beach roped off?

I'm sure I will think of other questions - really appreciate the help!

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,073 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wristbands at Luxury Bahia Esmerelda

eholtzman,

Welcome to the Punta Cana forums.

Your 13 year old princess cannot access any part of the adult only Ambar property, but does have access every where else. Any guest under the age of 18 would not be permitted in the Disco (where liquor is also served) but would have access to all other venues where liquor is served (main lobby bar, pools all have swim up bars etc).

The Sports Bar is combined with the Kareoke Bar, so that is not likely going to be an issue for her.

As far as the butler service is concerned - we enjoy it but it certainly is up to each individual guest. We certainly do not utilize all of the butler services offered but use them most often for room service, when we want ice for the room (late night drinks etc), having to change or obtain an a la carte for example. Tipping is up to each guest, however, we usually would tip them on each occassion $2-$5 on most occasions.

You are correct about the large beach pool between the Ambar and Esmeralda - that is for guests of the Bavaro/Punta Cana and Premier resorts - it certainly is an "active" area and your daughter will likely enjoy that one and meet many new friends. The overnight snack bar called the "Piscis" is also located there - map blue #7. It is open during the day from 10:00 am until 5:00 pm and open again in the evening from 11:00 p.m until 6:00 am. Music played in the evening along with snack foods, burgers, hot dogs, chips, salads etc.

Beer and wine is the only thing served at the Piscis overnight - Presidente on tap.

As a guest of the Esmeralda you can use all pools at the resort, except the Ambar pool if your daughter is attending with you. That means you can use the three at the Esmeralda of course, the large Bavaro/Punta Cana/Premier pool, the two smaller pools half way into the resort and the pool at the Premier resort - all of which have swim up bars - but waiter service at the beach and pool area is only provided at the Esmeralda and Ambar resorts.

I do not recommend any "reserving" of loungers anywhere. Any loungers being reserved and not used by guests at the pool, prior to 8am, will have the articles left on the loungers removed by the security staff.

Simply put, when you require loungers - obtain & do use them - to "reserve" loungers and not use them, is against the resorts policies and in my opinion, not the respectful thing to do..

The Private beach area at the Esmeralda is not "roped off" but is clearly identified by signing posted there as to the boundaries of the private beach for guests of the Esmeralda.

I hope this does help - if you do have other questions, just let us know - we are here to assist you..

I wish you and your family a wonderful vacation in Punta Cana.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
59 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wristbands at Luxury Bahia Esmerelda

That is certainly helpful! My 13 year old Princess (wow - have you met her?! nailed it!) will certainly enjoy the activity, let's hope there is a hula hoop contest at some point as she is a three time champ from past vacations! She will love it if she can run around with her big bro and sis, without us always in tow, so it' great to hear they will have places like the sports bar or karaoke to hang.

I completely understand about the loungers - please understand as I did mis-speak. I would never 'reserve' for the day. I do agree that is rude! I have experienced this at other resorts, mostly in Florida, and it is frustrating. What I meant to ask was if the butler service gets you loungers at the beach and/or the pool (I thought I read some reference to this) and if not, do they generally fill up at the Esmerelda side?

Thanks again for your extremely helpful posts. I can honestly say I would not have been brave enough to book Punta Cana if it had not been for your advice and detail.

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,073 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wristbands at Luxury Bahia Esmerelda

ehlotzman,

Thank you for the kind words - greatly appreciated.

Thank you for making it clearer for me about the loungers - The butler service will bring you a lounger to a location you require, however, only at the beach - they do not reserve them for guests.

Hope this does assist you.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

4. Re: Wristbands at Luxury Bahia Esmerelda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2014, 03:17
Get answers to your questions about Bavaro