We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions..Hoyo Azul or Indigeous Eyes Ecological Park?

Port Washington...
Level Contributor
522 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Excursions..Hoyo Azul or Indigeous Eyes Ecological Park?

I am interested in visited either of these. Can I get there by taxi? Or which tour company. I do not wish to be there for a quick ten minute stop. I have read so many reviews my head is spinning.

Also I am haven't decided if this is something I will be doing in December, I am staying at Memories Splash or in March while I am Ocean Blue and Sands. Please guide me.

nyc
Level Contributor
2,297 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursions..Hoyo Azul or Indigeous Eyes Ecological Park?

The eco park would be a better tour.the eco park offers alot more then hoyo azul. Its connected to the Punta cana resort complex. You would rent a golf cart to get around, and theres more dining option from cheap to expensive. The area complex and the PUJ airport , the resort, tortuga property, etc belong to the same owners.

Its right next to the airport.

Hoyo azul is further away, but doesent offer as much as the ecopark.

Port Washington...
Level Contributor
522 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursions..Hoyo Azul or Indigeous Eyes Ecological Park?

Since I am not staying at as resort from the Punta Cana family. Can I get a taxi there? How much will this cost. How about a guide? Christian was the favorite one mentioned. Or do I booked a hiking tour at resort or can I do this beforehand.

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Excursions..Hoyo Azul or Indigeous Eyes Ecological Park?

The old Punta Cana Resort & Club hotel where the Indigenous Eyes are is now closed but the lagoons are still open. Segway Caribe are in charge of all tours to the lagoon and Eco Park. I am not sure that the general public can visit the lagoons on their own anymore.

segwayecotour.com/epages/ec1209.sf/en_US/…

From Memories Splash or Ocean Blue it's a 25 minute drive to Indig Eyes and about 35 to Hoyo Azul inside Cap Cana. To enter either property you will need to leave photo ID at the main security gate, unless you go with a tour company.

You can visit Hoyo Azul on your own.

Directions here dr1.com/forums/east-coast/122240-hoyo-azul-c…

See map 8 here http://puntacanatv.com/maps

good luck!

ps take mosquito spray with you if you go to Indig Ojos, sometimes you need it.

Edited: 21 November 2013, 00:17
4. Re: Excursions..Hoyo Azul or Indigeous Eyes Ecological Park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2014, 06:19