We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahia Ambar

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Bahia Ambar

After reading so many reviews about the Ambar, seems like they have some problems with room requests, and dinner reservations, wondering if We should look at another resort, that would honor such requests, maybe the Majestic Colonial? Thanks for any input that You could give Us, and help to decide on which resort to book.

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bahia Ambar

A "request" is not a "guarantee" and at any resort be it the Ambar or Majestic they will try there very best to accommodate your "requests" but no resorts will "guarantee" that your "request" will be full filled.

The Bahia offers the option for guests to email "requests" in advance for rooms and ala cartes. If certain "requests" that a guest asks for is available then they will book you. If there not available they won't!

If your "requests" are to specific then you might be disappointed upon arrival. For instance rather then "requesting" room 60308 that has a nice view you might want to "request" a 3rd floor room facing the pool. It's likely that they would be able to accommodate a general "request" of a 3rd floor room facing the pool with their multiple buildings where if you said I want to be in building 60 that might not be possible.

Same goes for ala cartes, if you said I want this ala carte on this day at 6:30pm it might not be possible. If you said I'd like this ala carte at an early time then that might be possible and the time might range from 6:30 to 7:30pm.

For ala cartes however they do there best to accommodate everyone. If you send your requests in advance be sure to take a print out of the email. If something is not right or there is an error then you can ask your butler to try and fix the issue or you can go to guest services who will work with you in fixing everything to your satisfaction.

Safe Travels!

Edited: 20 November 2013, 08:53
Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bahia Ambar

hotels have no problem with room requests, it is usually guests who have the problem to see a room request/any "request" as part of their booked package, while in reality it is just that, a "Request" which may be granted or not, but it is not part of the paid for vacation package/hotelbooking.

exactly as big jim stated, the more options you leave the resort, the higher the chances that they can accomodate a room request, like "Groundfloor Room due walking issues", instead of "groundfloor corner room with ocean view".

and do not request rooms which are a higher room category than the booked roomcategory, such is usually not granted, as those rooms are sold for higher rates, so are usually not available for free upgrades.

happy travels

Mike

Toronto
Level Contributor
526 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bahia Ambar

Although I haven't stayed at this particular resort, I did stay at the Gran Bahia Bavaro in February 2013 and we had no problems with either our room request or dinner reservations. I think it may help when making your requests for dinner reservations, try approx. times ( approx. 7 pm) . That way they have some leeway. Also, with your room request, give two options ( ie Building 64 or 65)

I've no doubt like most resorts, they'll do their best but they can't guarantee you'll get everything you ask for.

4. Re: Bahia Ambar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 November 2013, 12:05
Toronto
Level Contributor
526 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bahia Ambar

Also, I just noticed that you have posted this in the Bavaro forum. Try posting this question in the Punta Cana Forum. I think it has more activity and I think you'll get more responses.

Canada
Level Contributor
629 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bahia Ambar

We were there a couple weeks ago and got exactly what I asked for -

As others have mentioned, if you give them a couple preferences you are less likely to be disappointed. It's pretty tough for them to accommodate specifics such as "I want room # 60101" since there is only 1 room 60101 and possibly 4 people requesting it - however I asked for a room above ground floor facing the pool in building 60, 64 or 67 - and we got exactly what we wanted.

All the reservations tickets were also correct - and were in our room waiting for us with a note that said they were requested via email.

For those people who said their requests were not met, I wonder if a change in the room they were scheduled for,( due to an early check in or late check out by the previous guest) meant that the reservation tickets were delivered to their original room # and were subsequently used by the people that wound up in that room? Not sure If I explained that properly... but I know what I mean...LOL

Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
5,986 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bahia Ambar

As long as a drink is in my hand, my azz is on a lounge and I am soaking up the sun, I am happy. I am never really IN the room so as long as I can get where I need to go and not get lost, I am good. :D

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,267 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bahia Ambar

Yeah, my requests are general. Things like second floor or above, in the general vicinity of... But I am a stickler for bed types. If I request a King bed, I expect a King bed. If I request two beds, I expect two beds. It depends on who I'm going with. If I'm going with my sweety, I want a King bed. If I'm going with friends, I want two beds.

Mark

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
519 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bahia Ambar

My wife and I will be back at Bahia Principe in a few days for our fourth trip. Me personaly...I could care less what room I am assigned because I plan on spending as little time in it as possible! If the resort would let me spend the night in one of the blue loungers I probably would :)

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bahia Ambar

yesss, Bodnar.

those blue loungers by the pool and beach should be available 24/7, not just during the days and then recollected, haha.

maybe offered as a new type of upgrade, named something like

Beachjfront clear Oceanview Sandy Suite,

including drinket service and snack service all around the clock.

if traveling alone i would consider to pay extra for such upgraded new "room category", hehe.

Mike

Get answers to your questions about Bavaro