We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking tee times at Catalonia Royal Bavaro in advance.

Which Bavaro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
calgary
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Booking tee times at Catalonia Royal Bavaro in advance.

My wife and I will be staying at the royal bavaro in january 2014. I would like to know if I can book tee times in advance of my trip or do I have to wait till I get there. If I can book in advance, does anyone know who or where I can make contact with? Thanks for any help.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking tee times at Catalonia Royal Bavaro in advance.

contact info for the Catalinia Bavaro and Catalonia Bavaro Royal is on www.cataloniabavarohotel.com/contact_us.asp

i would get in touch with the hotel directly, depending with whom you booked you may have free/discounted tee times etc available for you.

have fun

Mike

Edmonton
Level Contributor
453 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking tee times at Catalonia Royal Bavaro in advance.

Don't know if it has changed but when my wife and I were there a couple of years ago it was first-come/first served. No pre-booked times. There is a 9 hole course on-site. You could walk over from the Royal side but it's a bit of a hike if you are carrying clubs. We got a golf-cart ride to that course from the Royal lobby. Power carts were $35US/person even if you only played 9 holes. We went around twice with no additional fee.

The 18 hole course had been closed for reno's but a recent review says they played it so now open. It's about a 5 minute shuttle van ride away . The van more or less runs in a continuous loop which you catch at the Royal lobby. It holds about 8 people. When you get to the course you basically go out in the order you arrived/payed for your power cart. Again $35US/person. We never had to wait very long as the people in the shuttle had teed off by the time the shuttle made a return trip with the next group.

We are going back this January, looking forward to seeing what improvements they made to the 18 hole course. The 9 hole was also fun for a little variety if you will be playing a lot.

Fort Saskatchewan...
Level Contributor
46 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking tee times at Catalonia Royal Bavaro in advance.

So other than the cart fee, there are no green fees??

Fort Saskatchewan...
Level Contributor
46 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking tee times at Catalonia Royal Bavaro in advance.

My wife and I are going in feb for two wks, we are supposed to get a free round of golf each day but I don't know if it is for the 9 hole executive course??

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
218 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking tee times at Catalonia Royal Bavaro in advance.

You can choose to play either course..

Cheers

calgary
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking tee times at Catalonia Royal Bavaro in advance.

My understanding is that you can use either course. I sent an e-mail to the hotel 2 weeks ago about booking specific tee times but have yet to receive a response. 1 week till departure. Can't wait.

Fort Saskatchewan...
Level Contributor
46 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking tee times at Catalonia Royal Bavaro in advance.

Enjoy your stay folks, save some beers for us, cheers!!

Minneapolis...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking tee times at Catalonia Royal Bavaro in advance.

My husband and I leave for Catalonia Royal Bavaro on Tuesday...we can't wait! Hoping to meet some new friends!

London Ontario
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking tee times at Catalonia Royal Bavaro in advance.

Is the dress code at the golf course similar to home...collared shirts, etc. Are denim shorts allowed for women??

10. Re: Booking tee times at Catalonia Royal Bavaro in advance.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2015, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Bavaro