We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist Card to enter Punta Cana, DR

Moraga, California
Level Contributor
32 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Tourist Card to enter Punta Cana, DR

You can pay for it at the airport. .

1. On the plane, fill out the immigration form.

2. One you are off the plane, follow the herd thru customs. Get in line

3. As you walk thru the line, there is a tourist card booth, and you need to pay $10 USD. They give you a receipt and you need to present it at customs. It is a quick process.

4. Pick up your luggages and you are in paradise...

Destiny Caribbean Tours
Scuba & Snorkeling, Swim with Dolphins, Water Sports
Runners Adventures - Santo Domingo City Tour
Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Day Trips
Renny Travel
Sightseeing Tours
Runners Adventures
Nature & Wildlife Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips, Cultural Tours
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tourist Card to enter Punta Cana, DR

Correct. If you want to avoid the queues, you can purchase it online at the following site and print it out:

https://www.dgii.gov.do/Tturistaweb/

If you land at a very busy time when the waiting time can be long and you already have the card, you can avoid the long queue by following the sign for locals and visa card holders. This is usually on the right hand side of the long queue.

Bear in mind that you will gain nothing if you are going to resort and have to wait for a bus or other travellers as well as waiting for your luggage. Independant travellers or visitors who only need a taxi can save time.

Nahville, TN
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tourist Card to enter Punta Cana, DR

Or buy online before you go and bypass heard http://www.dgii.gov.do/tturistawb/

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tourist Card to enter Punta Cana, DR

Highly recommend using the links above to purhcase. Even if I have to wait for luggage, I'd rather sit down and relax than stand in a hot sweaty gross line full of pushy people!

Grosse Ile, Michigan
Level Contributor
894 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tourist Card to enter Punta Cana, DR

Maybe a dumb question but, I went online to purchase tourist cards for my husband and myself. I entered all of the information including my CC info for payment. I was issued 2 cards with different numbers, but the only name they have is mine. These cards are not for a specific person or did I do it wrong?

Nahville, TN
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tourist Card to enter Punta Cana, DR

No you did it right they only have a number on them

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tourist Card to enter Punta Cana, DR

tholland, The tourist cards are not for any specific person, they can be used only once, and are good for one year from the date you purchased them. Best Wishes, Leo & Sue

Ottawa, Canada
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tourist Card to enter Punta Cana, DR

Has anyone had any issues using the cards pre-purchased via the website? We fly out in 2 days and think this may help move us through a bit faster but I don't want any hassles with immigration either.

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Tourist Card to enter Punta Cana, DR

Snoopy110

I see your from Canada... what airline are you flying with? All Canadians airlines provide the $10 tourist card except for Sunwing... If your on Sunwing go ahead and purchase the card on the online website to bypass the queue at PUJ airport (considering pretty much the entire sunwing flight will be in that line)

Nahville, TN
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tourist Card to enter Punta Cana, DR

No issues at all. It will move you faster.

Ottawa, Canada
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Tourist Card to enter Punta Cana, DR

Yes, I am flying with Sunwing/Signature so I will go ahead and purchase the cards on line. I am travelling with my 75 year old mother who would probably appreciate not having to stand in a line that could be by-passed. Thanks for the help.

Get answers to your questions about Bavaro