We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upgrades

Marysville...
Level Contributor
131 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Upgrades

We are going to the Grand Palladium Bavaro and booked in a junior suite. People talk about upgrades to better rooms. Are they worth it and how much were you offered for an upgrade? From what room type to the one you upgraded to. My husband is wondering how much will it cost us and is it worth it. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,881 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Upgrades

To be honest you are the only ones who can decide if an upgrade it worth it. We have been going to the Majestic Elegance and we do the Club Section. We wouldn't even look at the resort if we couldn't get the upgrade. But for others it is not worth it. We have been to other resorts that have upgraded sections that I wouldn't even bother with since when you look at the price difference it is not worth it. But for others they would only dot he upgrade.

The best thing to do is check out the resort web site and see what upgrades are avilable and what each offers. Most sites also give the price difference for the upgrades - this will help ou decide if it is worth it for you.

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Upgrades

Palladium bavaro has all recently renovated rooms. The first upgrade from your junior suite is to a master junior suite , the difference in the rooms is the master junior is a bit bigger and has a bigger bathroom with a larger jetted tub that will fit 2 comfortably ( the jetted tub in the junior is only slightly bigger then a regular tub) also the master junior suites have double sinks. There are higher categories ( newly built) some with roof top terraces that have proper SPA tubs, not sure of the cost to upgrade to these ( waiting to hear from the resort) but I do know that in the royal section where we stay the price tends to vary based on occupancy. Personally if you can deal with the single sink I would not worry about upgrading unless you want more perks ( while the newly built rooms with the roof top terraces or the new bavaro swim up rooms offer the perk of room service, that is not enough for me to pay extra) look at upgrading to the royal suites turquesa, lots of perks, better alcohol, room service , beach and pool service, pillow menu, ability to make reservation at the a la cartes, 2 exclusive restaurants and it's adult only. I will have to look for the price though. One note while the new section of the royal is updated as it was only opened in June 09 the older section is going to be renovated and some feel the rooms are dated ( bavaro is all renovated) really depends what you want

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Upgrades

the price I have to upgrade to a royal junior suite ( old section) is 85$ per day low season and 115$ per day high season.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
725 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Upgrades

Seattlerain,

We will be staying at the same resort in July. We are currently booked in a master junior suite. It was offered thru Usairways vacation as a free upgrade from the jr suite.

I'm still trying to decide on upgrading again to a romance suite for an add"l $146 total. Not sure yet. That rate is offered thru the Usair. I'm sure it would be more if we did it at the resort.

Edited: 15 May 2014, 01:39
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
725 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Upgrades

Seattlerain,

We will be staying at same resort in July. We are currently booked in master junior suite. It was offered thru Usairways vacation as a free upgrade from jr sui. I'm still trying to decide on upgrading again to a romance suite for an add"l $146 total. Not sure yet. That rate is offered thru USair. It would be more if we did it at the resort.

Marysville...
Level Contributor
131 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Upgrades

Do you pay cash or credit card for the upgrades?

Texas
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Upgrades

We're staying at the Grand Palladium Bavaro in July 4th-10th and actually booked one of the swim up suites. Every thing I've read online from reviewers say they're awesome and worth the price. Really, in comparison to the standard rooms it's around $100 extra a night. To me, it's worth $100 extra a night to have an ocean front room that is brand new everything, steps from the beach with an infinity pool you will share with a few more rooms. These rooms literally opened in the last 3-4 months. Vacation is an investment and I think it's worth it when you're traveling to these little countries. A lot of the other rooms people seem to complain about old AC units, outdated this and that. At least with these rooms you SHOULDN'T have problems (I probably just jinxed myself) :)

It took me a solid month researching resorts on Bavaro beach. I'm the crazy person who hates wasting money and will research the hell out of everything. Ha! The swim up suite is really the best room out of all these hotels for the price. After we're back from vaca, I plan to upload some photos of the exterior/interior of our room since they're so new there's not many photographs out there. Good luck with everything :)

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
725 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Upgrades

@seattle. If your referring to me, our upgrade was free thru Usairways vacations

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Upgrades

Upgrades are available upon arrival, it all depends upon availability, it is a hit and a miss. Just book them prior to arrival to ensure you get the upgrade you want. There are never any guarantees with any resort upon arrival depending upon how busy the resort is.

Edited: 17 May 2014, 03:31
On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Upgrades

Y ou can pay cash or credit