We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi to Ambar.

sunbury on thames
Level Contributor
83 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi to Ambar.

Im travelling with Thomson holidays from Gatwick in December to Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar, I've been told that you can apply online for the tourist visa which will save a lot of time at the airport, and NOT take the Thomson bus, and get a cab instead. Will this make a lot of difference, also what is the cost of the cab from the Airport to the hotel. Many thanks!!!

Rayleigh Essex UK
Level Contributor
175 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi to Ambar.

Hi Shell

You can purchase your tourist entry card only on line at www.dgii.gov/Tturistaweb it will cost $10 for each person, you have to pay the $20 exit tax in cash when you get to the airport for the return flight.

You can arrange a taxi if you want one with your Thomson travel agent or if you want to do it on line thru there website.

Don't know cost of cabs but you will find info on this site somewhere, you will enjoy the Amber been there 4 times.

Edited: 04 June 2014, 16:23
Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi to Ambar.

no need for any agent to arrange a taxi.

the taxis are available at the airport and at the hotels 24/7, just arrive, hopp aboard and you are on your way. easy, quick, hassle free. no prearrangements necessary.

a taxi from the airport to the Ambar should cost around $35.- per ride, for up to 4 passengers.

have fun

Mike

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
265 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi to Ambar.

Taxi price to Ambar should be 38$ + Tip (based on this link: http://puntacanatv.com/punta-cana-airport-transfers.html)

Just a note though - from other posts I found that when you travel from UK, it is possible that you will be checked in during bus ride from airport to hotel as some people reported that you get your room info on the bus. I am not sure what will happens if you skip the bus ride in such case...

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,794 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi to Ambar.

FYI - all transportation vehicles - buses or taxis - arrive & depart at the main Gran Bahia lobby, and you will need to advise one of the bellmen that you are a guest at the Ambar. They will then get your luggage and place you on a tram to take you to the Ambar lobby where you will check-in.

Taking a taxi will definitely get you to the resort ahead of those on the transfer bus, but do let their ground representative know that you are going via taxi, lest they delay the bus departure looking for you.

Belfast, Northern...
Level Contributor
573 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi to Ambar.

Hi Shell

we are flying Thomson and staying at Ambar too. I recently phoned up and booked private taxi transfers through Thomson from the airport to gbp and from gbp back to the airport for return flights. It cost a total of £40 and they said the taxi will be waiting for us with a sign that has our name on it. I think it is definitely worth it :)

6. Re: Taxi to Ambar.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Bavaro
Recent Conversations