We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

power snorkeling

Which Bavaro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Marble Falls, Texas
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
power snorkeling

Hello , I was wondering if anyone has done the half day power snorkeling. And what that was like ? Thank you

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
7,902 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: power snorkeling

What is power snorkeling? I've always just used leg power.....

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: power snorkeling

never heard it named that way. what is it or where did you find it offered? so i will take a look.

Mike

Winthrop, Maine
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: power snorkeling

Hola: It's the powered propulsion unit that pulls you along under water without having to kick. Some other people call Power Snorkeling when you have a floating air compressor with air tubes so you can dive without a tank.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
7,902 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: power snorkeling

So like what they call Snuba? And, if you're being propelled (not that it takes much effort to give a kick or two to move around), how do you stop to look around at something you find especially interesting? I mean, isn't that sort of the point of snorkeling? To see all the undersea wonders? Do we have to be pulled under water? I don't get it.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: power snorkeling

got it.

i guess you are looking on Snuba, as poozieny stated.

poozieny, there are nice slow moving underwater slides to move calmly around under water, very comfy when diving shallow with a very small tank which can be attached to the float, so you cab freely look around and down and up and move along coral lines/walls etc. its a really nice thingy, but i only use it for shallow dives, never used a sled for snorkeling, as you need to stay on the surface for breathing the slide does not help much. don't know if slides/scooters are offered as tours here, didn't see any but did not search for such neither, i know them only from private use for shallow dives.

Mike

Marble Falls, Texas
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: power snorkeling

Its not snuba . It's offered by " Punta Cana now'' tours. We've snorkeled all over the world and we like the idea of being propelled along under water. We like to try new things and this sounds fun.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
335 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: power snorkeling

Doesnt sound like snorkeling if you are being propelled under water. How is it snorkeling...if there is no snorkel?

Marble Falls, Texas
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: power snorkeling

You have all your snorkel equipment on . You should youtube it or go to their website " Punta Cana now' and find it there. I just want to know if many people have tried this. It sounds like fun to us.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
7,902 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: power snorkeling

Okay, gotcha. I found a video. So, it's very much like snorkeling except you have to hold this large piece of equipment, which I'm guessing makes noise and possibly scares away fish? And, probably does a number on coral if you don't keep it in check. And, in the video I watched, folks were still kicking, even with the big machine. If it looks fun to you, then enjoy it. I'd rather have the quiet, non-motorized form of snorkeling, with my hands free to signal and gesture to my snorkel buddy, to point out interesting things, etc., or even to hold an underwater camera.

Marble Falls, Texas
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: power snorkeling

To each his own