We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel - Ocean Blue & Sand or Grand Palladium Bravaro

Which Bavaro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel - Ocean Blue & Sand or Grand Palladium Bravaro

Hi, I have two teenage sons and can't make my mind up which hotel to go to - Ideally lots of other kids for them to hang out with - good food and fun for all

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel - Ocean Blue & Sand or Grand Palladium Bravaro

We booked grand palladium bavaro resort but found out that Thomson guests get put in sub standard punta cana rooms. Wasnt worth the risk with 1yr old so changed to ocean blue. Its less spaced out so more compact to meet new friends. Plus it has bowling alley and rock climbing wall on beach.

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,507 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel - Ocean Blue & Sand or Grand Palladium Bravaro

Between these two choices - especially with teens - the Ocean B&S gets our recommendation! Much better beach there too!

Irvine, United...
Level Contributor
538 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel - Ocean Blue & Sand or Grand Palladium Bravaro

Just back from OBS , plenty of activities run by staff, at pool & beach area, and hotel more compact, they should meet loads of friends wen playing games etc. we had a great time, food great, booze great and plentiful, and all top brands, but ask for them, i.e ask for vodka( you get vodka-make ??) ask for stolies, absolute, finlanda, you get it, have fun wherever you end up

Muffinman

Edited: 22 June 2014, 07:45
Ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel - Ocean Blue & Sand or Grand Palladium Bravaro

more activities for teenagers, hands down Ocean hotels,,

Better beach, not even close,, Palladium has the far better beach.. much longer(easier to find that private spot) much more lush( all kinds of natural shade).. palladium has many kiosk bars right on the beach

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotel - Ocean Blue & Sand or Grand Palladium Bravaro

Thanks all - in the end went with Grand Palladium (as we stayed at the GP in Mexico last year) although I am starting to wish had booked Ocean Blue which was my heart was telling me. And have booked through Thomson.... oh well fingers crossed

Ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which hotel - Ocean Blue & Sand or Grand Palladium Bravaro

the Palladium in PC i enjoy much more then the Palladium in RM...

if they put you in the Punta Cana section and you are not happy with the room , asked to be moved to Bavaro or Palace section

you will be more then satisfied with the Palladium,

Ctr. Hrb., New...
Level Contributor
469 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which hotel - Ocean Blue & Sand or Grand Palladium Bravaro

Beach is hands down better at Palladium! Ocean Blue is great resort, but beach has really been eroded.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which hotel - Ocean Blue & Sand or Grand Palladium Bravaro

Good luck hun. Let us know how it is. I was looking forward to palladium but now prefer idea of ocean blue as getting trolley around a huge complex with a 1yr old isnt great idea.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which hotel - Ocean Blue & Sand or Grand Palladium Bravaro

Northernale I asked the hotel about changing to bavaro and they said we would have to pay for upgrade of 50$pppn

Ottawa
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which hotel - Ocean Blue & Sand or Grand Palladium Bravaro

Rooms in PC section are least fancy of the 3, but still fine, location of the rooms is the best of the 3 imo.