We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Palace Bavaro or Riu Palace Punta Cana?

Which Bavaro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mt. Pleasant
Level Contributor
154 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Palace Bavaro or Riu Palace Punta Cana?

Looking for anyone that has stayed at both or can offer the pros and cons or just give input to which is better to stay at? I know the Bavaro one is newer... but that means more $$$ if the differences arent that much. Any input greatly appreciated...

Florida
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Palace Bavaro or Riu Palace Punta Cana?

I'm curious as well. In my experience...(we have been to 10 RIUs) I like the older palace design better like at the RPPC. We just returned from the Riu Palace Costa Rica which is like Bavaro and it felt cold. We plan on going to the RPPC next year. If you're at a palace..it's going to be good. The main difference would be at the non palace resorts. Again...I haven't been to these...but in my experience...you're paying for the newness and modern flair. I like the traditional palaces better. I don't want to feel like I'm in Vegas:) I look forward to responses though. I'm sure you'll be happy with either choice:)

Mt. Pleasant
Level Contributor
154 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Palace Bavaro or Riu Palace Punta Cana?

I like a nice pool and it seems like the newer Riu...the Bavaro one, the pool isn't as nice. Stayed at a Riu in Aruba and Riviera Maya...so have idea what its like....any other input appreciated!

montreal
Level Contributor
10,076 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Palace Bavaro or Riu Palace Punta Cana?

You have been to Riu Palace Riviera Maya well Riu Palace Punta Cana is exactly the same way same pool same restaurants as the only thing that changes is the snack bar by the pool which at night time is the steak house in mexico its on the left side and in Punta Cana its on the right side as when i was there funny thing i always felt like i was at the RPRM lol .

I was also looking at the Bavaro for October well booked yesterday but the the Riu Palace Punta Cana as i had such an amazing time 4 years ago there and im sure i will have another amazing time this time around as im also one of those that likes the look of the older Palaces ..

Windsor, Ontario...
Level Contributor
284 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Palace Bavaro or Riu Palace Punta Cana?

We loved RPB when we were there in March and can't wait to return in 31 days and counting! It is the newest and is just lovely. The pool is smaller than RPPC but has a more intimate feel. You can be in the pool and within steps be right on the beach. The swimup bar is separate from the main pool and again steps away from each other. RPPC does have the nice traditional feel but I can't speak for the rooms. RPB has nice fresh rooms, bright and airy. They both have shops for souvenirs. The one advantage is that when you stay at RPB, you can eat breakfast, lunch, snacks and have drinks on the other properties other than Macao. You can also upgrade to VIP and have your own private adults only pool area. You can't go wrong with either choice. PM me if you want more info.

Florida
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Palace Bavaro or Riu Palace Punta Cana?

What's the share policy for the other resorts. Can all palace guests go to all resorts? Or do they limit? Usually the palace guests have free reign of other resorts...it's just the non palace guests who can't go to palaces.

And the Bavaro is much newer....so if that's what you're looking for...I'd go there.

Windsor, Ontario...
Level Contributor
284 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Palace Bavaro or Riu Palace Punta Cana?

Riu Palace Bavaro .....breakfast, lunch, snacks, drinks for exchange privileges with Riu Punta Cana, Naiboa ,Bambu but not with RIU Macao. You must eat dinners at your own hotel.

Riu Palace Punta Cana the same as above BUT cannot go to Riu Palace Bavaro as it is the top resort.

Palmdale, California
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu Palace Bavaro or Riu Palace Punta Cana?

some one can tell me if riu bavaro has drink services at the beach

Philadalphia, PA
Level Contributor
83 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Riu Palace Bavaro or Riu Palace Punta Cana?

No drink service on the beach at Riu Palace Bavaro. Swim up bar at pool is steps away from beginning of beach.

9. Re: Riu Palace Bavaro or Riu Palace Punta Cana?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2015, 05:15