We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for singles, couple of questions

Which Bavaro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Altrincham, United...
Level Contributor
519 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel for singles, couple of questions

Hi All

I'm looking at booking for mid-Sept and it'll just be little old me. I'm mid-forties, active, very used to solo travelling and have a couple of questions.

I'll be booking a hotel that has sailing included. Do the hotels in Punta Cana/Bavaro allow guests to sail unaccompanied? The reason I ask is that last year in Cuba only staff could sail.

Also I'm after a resort that has some night life away from the hotel. I get a bit stir crazy and like to get out and about. Puerto Plata had a few bars located centrally to all the hotels which was great for getting out for the evening. I'll be looking for somewhere that has a range of excursions but I'm guessing all hotels in the Punta Cana and Bavaro areas are the same for that?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for singles, couple of questions

Hi,

Punta Cana is split up in different areas as you can see on this map below.

puntacanatv.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/P…

As you mentioned that you wish to be in an area to get off resort you will want to focus your research on resorts that are in the El Cortecito/Los Corales area.

As you can see on this map below there is all different kinds of shops, bars, beach bars, restaurants in that area Also on the map you will see the resorts that are in that location which will help you with your research to see what one's appeal to you.

puntacanatv.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/P…

If you want to add things like budget, adult only, small, medium, big resort, no reservation ala cartes, tropical, modern, mixture of two at the resort, and anything else you can think of that will make your stay enjoyable then this will allow members to be able to help you shorten the resort list to find the one that suits you best.

Safe Travels!

Edited: 07 August 2014, 08:36
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,679 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for singles, couple of questions

Hi

In vioew of you wanting to get out and about quite a bit I would ten to rule out PC and perhaps look at Cancun or Playa Del Carmen where there is much more to do off resort

3. Re: Hotel for singles, couple of questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2015, 06:17