We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We are at Barcelo Bavaro Palace.

Which Bavaro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
An2
Ajax, Ontario
Level Contributor
34 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
We are at Barcelo Bavaro Palace.

We are in the building 5 very close to the central part of the resort. We had to upgrade on a first day from junior suite deluxe to family junior suite deluxe. Two adults and two children (9 and 13). Any questions?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,799 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We are at Barcelo Bavaro Palace.

Why did you have to upgrade? Did you book the correct room when booking or did they give you the wrong room?

An2
Ajax, Ontario
Level Contributor
34 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We are at Barcelo Bavaro Palace.

Debinatore:

Looking at the pictures you cannot really tell how bad that layout is. There is no privacy when it comes to the bathroom and a shower. And the size of the room is not that substantial. It might not be an issue if you have smaller kids however privacy is still a problem. It feels like a toilet pretty much is in the room. Family suite deluxe gives you two rooms with two bathrooms. One of which has "normal" door. Not just a matte glass panel which has gaps on the top and at the bottom. For some people probably not an issue at all.

An2
Ajax, Ontario
Level Contributor
34 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We are at Barcelo Bavaro Palace.

Debinatore:

Looking at the pictures you cannot really tell how bad that layout is. There is no privacy when it comes to the bathroom and a shower. And the size of the room is not that substantial. It might not be an issue if you have smaller kids however privacy is still a problem. It feels like a toilet pretty much is in the room. Family suite deluxe gives you two rooms with two bathrooms. One of which has "normal" door. Not just a matte glass panel which has gaps on the top and at the bottom. For some people probably not an issue at all.

They gave us the room we had booked

It was at the resort that we realized we needed a different type of accommodation.

We were charged 60 US$ per night.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,799 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We are at Barcelo Bavaro Palace.

Ahhh, thanks for the explanation, that will help future guests too.

How are you enjoying the resort so far?

An2
Ajax, Ontario
Level Contributor
34 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: We are at Barcelo Bavaro Palace.

If you ever been to Mexico, in my opinion,Dominican Republic is a level down. Not because of the scenery but service and food mostly. Oceanfront is beautiful no doubt. Grounds are the same.

Food is below average.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,799 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: We are at Barcelo Bavaro Palace.

Ahhh but you can't rate the whole country and the other 99 resorts based on the one resort you are at :-)

An2
Ajax, Ontario
Level Contributor
34 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: We are at Barcelo Bavaro Palace.

I am in no way trying to compare Mexico and DR as countries. I am talking strictly hotels particularly Barcelo because we were at Barcelo Maya Palace three times. And that is only my very subjective opinion.

I am not complaining we are having good time. I am trying to be helpful and only sharing our experience.

Reynoldsburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
26 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: We are at Barcelo Bavaro Palace.

we have been to DR 9 times in last 12 years and Mexico 3 time. We'll take D R over Mexico any time!!!

the people, the country food and experience. Not saying Mexico is bad just prefer D R

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
235 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: We are at Barcelo Bavaro Palace.

Does the resort have a miniature golf course?Was at the Barcelo complex 6 years ago and loved it but from what I've seen has been renovated quite a bit.There was a good one then.Thanks for a reply :)

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: We are at Barcelo Bavaro Palace.

We'll be there tomorow...................maybe see you on the beach?