We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4th of July

Arkansas
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
4th of July

I'll be in town/ on lake Norfork from the 3-7. Anything special my family and I need to know about. I know there has to be some sort of fireworks on the lake or in town. Anykind of "town fair" type thing going on. Not rides or anything. Just good old fashioned fun? What sights to you recommend to make 5 days fun. The dam, fish hatchery, great restaurants etc.

Any help would be great.

Ward, AR
Level Contributor
878 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4th of July

There does appear to be fireworks at Lake Norfork on July 3rd. Think the fireworks are considered to be from the town of Henderson. arkansas-ozark-mountains.com/norfor-lake/pag… and www.independence-eve.org/update.htm Henderson's Chamber of Commerce # is listed as 870-488-5354 if you want to double check for this year's events. Mountain Home is having a Hog's N Hot Rods classic car/motorcycle/BBQ/music on the square. www.enjoymountainhome.com has more detailed info. There are also a lot of activities going on at Mountain View, about 51 miles from Mtn Home. www.ozarkgetaways.com/july_4th.html There's also activities going on at the Folk Center that weekend. www.ozarkfolkcenter.com If you have never been, I highly recommend a trip to the folk center as well as going to do the tours at Blanchard Springs Caverns. fs.fed.us/oonf/ozark/recreation/caverns.html

Over in Bull Shoals, there's the Top O the Ozarks Tower. 180 foot tall tower view of area. www.topotheozarks.net Also, in Bull Shoals is Mountain Village 1890, on ARK 178. A working village with authentic structures, frontier characters and caverns. Their web-site is about a year out of date, so I'm not really sure if this is still open.

Ward, AR
Level Contributor
878 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4th of July

oops! forgot the 'k'. arkansas-ozark-mountains.com/norfork-lake/pa…

Some more info on the area: www.mtnhome.net/faqs/index.asp Also, for an idea of restaurants in the area: www.mtnhome.net/restaurants

3. Re: 4th of July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 11:19
Get answers to your questions about Mountain Home