We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

self guided trails vs guide

Which Dana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
self guided trails vs guide

Would love to visit Dana but probably will only have a day there.Can anyone recommend a trail that is not too long as we will be there in august. Is it best to have a tour/ guide or can you just follow the trails? What is the cost of using a tour or guide and are the trails suitable for children (my youngest will be 11)

many thanks

Aqaba, Jordan
Level Contributor
2,696 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: self guided trails vs guide

the short trails within the camp site came be done without a guide, I have done it with my kids,,,,, but do remember that August is pretty hot in Jordan..

there is a good view/idea on this following site for Dana.

rscn.org.jo/orgsite/…Default.aspx

or

www.jordanjubilee.com/outdoors/dana.htm

ciao

A99

Petra
Level Contributor
2,702 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: self guided trails vs guide

Hi,

A99 gave you good links for all the info on hikes in Dana. Some hikes are self-guided, other are guided and that's for a good reason. An 11 year old should be able to do most (probably all) of the hikes in Dana.

Enjoy your time in Jordan !

Patricia (Petra B&B)

3. Re: self guided trails vs guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2014, 22:15
Get answers to your questions about Dana