We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Closest place to photograph Macaws and Parrots

United States
1 post
Save Topic
Closest place to photograph Macaws and Parrots

Hello all. Anyone know the best place to get the closest to a clay lick? Don't have an 800 mm zoom yet. lol.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Closest place to photograph Macaws and Parrots

manuexpeditions.com/manu-wildlife-center-mac…

Fox Island...
Level Contributor
610 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Closest place to photograph Macaws and Parrots

I went to the same clay lick that Manu Wildlife Center uses and you are quite far away. Our guide showed us how to hold our binoculars up to our camera lens and we took some really good pictures that way. Also the Manu Wildlife Center is not even inside Manu National Park. The best wildlife and the most pristine jungle that I saw was inside the Reserve Zone of the Park. Once you leave the Manu River you will see logging and settlements.

Sasolburg,South...
Level Contributor
411 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Closest place to photograph Macaws and Parrots

Would suggest you invest in at least a 500mm lens.I took mine to the clay lick and could get close shots.

Heinrich

4. Re: Closest place to photograph Macaws and Parrots

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 03:18