We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cairo to Petra

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
84 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Cairo to Petra

Planning a 2 week trip to Egypt in november and would love to spend at least 2 days in petra before returning to Cairo,I know not alot of people would recomend this but we would rather some of egypt and a bit of petra then most of egypt and none of petra..

My question is i know you can fly or go by boat and i thougth i heard train or bus? what are the prices is it expensive to travel there?

We are budget travelers

thanks so much

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Cairo
Cairo
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
montreal
Level Contributor
105 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cairo to Petra

Our trip was mostly Jordan and a bit of Cairo. We flew on Royal Jordanian from Montreal to Amman, stayed in Jordan for eight days, flew on to Cairo and then returned Cairo - Amman - Montreal. by doing that Amman was considered a stopover and the actual price to fly between Amman and Cairo was only a little more than a Montreal Amman return fare. Depending on your carrier, that might be an option.

Mentioned in this post
Jordan
Jordan
Middle East
Cairo
Cairo
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Amman
Amman
Amman Governorate, Jordan
Medellin, Colombia
Level Contributor
171 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cairo to Petra

Egypt Air flies from Cairo to Amman for pretty reasonable fares.

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Cairo
Cairo
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Amman
Amman
Amman Governorate, Jordan
3. Re: Cairo to Petra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 15:18