We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jordan Day Trip

Which Petra - Wadi Musa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
259 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Jordan Day Trip

We are traveling through Egypt and Jordan in October and have a free day. There were a bunch of items we really wanted to see and are packing them into one day, but the prices we are being quoted to do them all is varying very largely, so I was hoping someone can give me a better idea of what to expect to pay for this trip.

We will be starting in Aqaba, driving to Wadi Mujib in private vehicle with driver/guide. Hiking the Mujib then on to Dead Sea Spa hotel for float in the sea. Then to Ma'in hot springs, then ending in Petra.

We are mainly paying for the driver/guide to drive us in a private air conditioned vehicle. The entrance fees are included at Dead Sea Spa and Wadi Mujib.

Thanks.

Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Jordan Day Trip

Well the average 2.0 saloon car with air con and driver will cost about $200 for the journey you mention above which will be a good 15 hours depending

upon how long you stop etc.

Hiking the Mujib - you can actually start this hike at Ma'in hot springs. There are actually 3 different levels of hike ie easy, medium, hard which take various times and depend upon your level of fitness and endurance etc. The big hike will take you from Ma'in all the way to the Dead Sea I think.

There is also an entrance fee to Ma'in unless you are using the hotel and / or its facilities or

hiking. Check out the Royal Society for the Conservation of Nature (Jordan) website that give details of such hikes. I believe the long hike takes around 6 or 8 hours but not exactly sure.

Entrance fee to Dead Sea Spa including open buffet

is around 25 JD or around 12JD without food.

If you need any more help just ask.

2. Re: Jordan Day Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2010, 05:18