We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Hotel in Petra!!!!

Central Coast, NSW
Level Contributor
67 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Which Hotel in Petra!!!!

Can anyone really recommend a good hotel.. I just want a hotel with atmosphere, comfortable bed and nice room, and a good breakfast....is that impossible in Petra??? It would seem so from the amount of negative comments on all of the hotels!~

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,315 posts
1,484 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Hotel in Petra!!!!

hi,

There are some good comfortable hotels in Petra. it does come down to your budget ??

the best location is to be located just close to Petra Gates....

We stayed in the Movenpick which was excellent however its more expensive than others because of its wonderful location.

Others to consider - Crowne Plaza

Petra Palace - close to the Gates - budget

Fontainebleau
Destination Expert
for Petra - Wadi Musa
Level Contributor
2,893 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Hotel in Petra!!!!

The Movenpick is a very good hotel indeed; others close by include the Silk Road and the Petra Moon (www.petramoonhotel.com) both of which are good but cheaper and less luxurious.

White Rock, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Hotel in Petra!!!!

Check out my reviews on Tripadvisor Hosta_La_Vista. There are indeed 2 great hotels in Petra

Aqaba, Jordan
Level Contributor
2,696 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Hotel in Petra!!!!

Hi aj,

check out the Petra Palace. Ask for a room in the new extension, overlooking the pool.

there evening diner (buffet) is enjoyable,,

A99

Australia
Level Contributor
345 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Hotel in Petra!!!!

Petra Palace was OK, 3 star when we were there last month. Five minute walk to the gates of the old city. Our room overlooked the pool, had en-suite bathroom, was clean, had a fridge but no safe. You can lock valuables in small boxes at reception. No wi-fi internet, which was free at our Madaba and Ammaan hotels, but hotel internet was affordable.

They are refurbishing, the carpets and public areas were a bit shabby because of this.

Food was OK, I think one chef was a lot better than the other. The breakfast and dinner buffets, like everwhere else in Egypt and Jordan were tepid and bland. I ate a lot of excellent breads and savoury biscuits and cheese and yummy dips everywhere.

There were plenty of restaurants close by, but we had torrential rain (the year's average in two nights) each evening so we didn't bother.

UK
Level Contributor
142 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Hotel in Petra!!!!

Petra palace is spot on for a good stay.

Stayed in in april 2009 great location 5 mins from petra gates and nice standard of rooms and beds, nice pool as well

didnt eat her as ate up in town centre and at few restuarants around petra gates but couldnt say a bad word about the place

nice pool also, really cold in mornings off cold desert nights. great for a wake up swim

Brum, UK
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Hotel in Petra!!!!

Petra Crowne Plaza is expensive and not worth it. Old beds and horrible food with a small square pool full of hairy tourists.

If you can afford it, stay at the moevenpick !

Aqaba, Jordan
Level Contributor
2,696 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Hotel in Petra!!!!

Brum777,

why don't you drop a line on the Hotel Reviews section of TP, regarding the hotel you mentioned.

i believe something a bit more constructive from your side might be !!! more help others.

maybe you spent to much time in the seven sleepers cave (just outside Amman). : ))

ciao for now,,,

A99

Edited: 08 February 2010, 20:05
Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Hotel in Petra!!!!

I had a hard time picking a hotel in Petra too - I was really worried based on the reviews. We went with Edom Hotel and I was satisfied. It is in a good location, close to the gates, close to food, it was clean, reasonably priced (for Petra) and the staff was polite. The breakfast was pretty standard, but not bad. I would stay here again.

Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Which Hotel in Petra!!!!

Well u dont say what your budget is but of course Movenpick and Crowne Plaza are very good hotels but expensive.

Valley Stars Inn and Edom are usually given good recommendations and cost around $40 a night with a reasonable but basic breakfast. It all depends if you want to be close to the Petra site or have transport or dont mind hoping on the hotel minibus or taking a taxi. check TA reviews.

Get answers to your questions about Petra - Wadi Musa