We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

December in Petra?

Which Petra - Wadi Musa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
CC
7 posts
Save Topic
December in Petra?

I was just reading that it may not be the best time to see Petra. Is that true? What type of weather can I expect in Dec end? Is it a good time to visit Dead Sea?

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: December in Petra?

Can't comment on December but we were in Petra a few days ago. I, too, was a little worried when planning our trip. I decided to allow 2 days in Wadi Musa in case the first day's weather was bad. Turns out weather was fine. Partly cloudy, cool in the morning but over all pleasant. Our driver said Jordan has been in drought though it did lightly rain the two evenings we were there. One plus is that a local said that Petra's colors are spectacular after a rain.

Level Contributor
20 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: December in Petra?

We went to Petra this December just gone and the weather was perfect for strolling around all day. Cool with a very light breeze which was very welcome after climbing up and down to the entrances to the tombs. Wore a light cardigan in the evenings. No rain

Beaverton
Level Contributor
160 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: December in Petra?

We were just there in December, and the weather was perfect. Not too hot for walking and climbing, and not too cold. Great place.

4. Re: December in Petra?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2011, 15:45
5. Re: December in Petra?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 13:15