We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amman to Petra to Cairo in 3 nights?

Ohio
Level Contributor
323 posts
385 reviews
Save Topic
Amman to Petra to Cairo in 3 nights?

We will arrive in Petra late, around 1:30 am. Not sure why all the flights I found arrive so late. We will stay that night and the next in Amman to rest and do a little sight seeing. We will leave early the next day to go to Petra and stay the night there, going directly to the airport to catch a flight to cairo. Besides being very busy, is this do able? Would people suggest renting a private car/taxi? I have read about the buses and they seem reliable, but we can't miss our flight to Cairo. Thank you for any help.

Amman Jordan
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Amman to Petra to Cairo in 3 nights?

Petra is about 2.5 hours away from the Airport... i would suggest a taxi or a private tour services of a tour company if you have a flight to catch, buses are reliable but remember that you have to add the stops along the way to your travel time....

check this out, they might be able to help you out in figuring the cost

info@petranightstours.com

Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
131 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amman to Petra to Cairo in 3 nights?

I do know of another private car and driver service that will assist who are professional and reliable with a program like yours. If you need the information, feel free to contact me.

I would imagine with a hectic time in Jordan you would want a service/or reliable taxi to be with you with your tight time.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,387 posts
1,543 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amman to Petra to Cairo in 3 nights?

Hi,

These links below show my Information regarding Petra & Amman - they will explain details you require regarding your above question.

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i21344-Petra.ht…

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i12010-Trip_Rep…

" We will arrive in Petra late, around 1:30 am - We will stay that night and the next in Amman to rest "

Are you arriving flying into Amman ??

We have visited Jordan numerous times - our last visit we flew from Cairo to Amman - picked up a hire car from the Airport & drove down to the Dead Sea ( Ishtar) stayed 2 days - then drove to Petra - stayed 2 days - drove back to Amman Airport. - This short itinerary really worked well & was not rushed at all.

If are a confident driver - its very easy driving in Jordan. Amman is the only problem regarding traffic.

Your itinerary is do-able. however more time is needed for Petra.

Edited: 18 April 2011, 15:30
Ohio
Level Contributor
323 posts
385 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amman to Petra to Cairo in 3 nights?

Our plans changed a little, we will arrive in Amman around 12 noon. Do you suggest we spend a night in the Dead Sea and a night at Petra, or both nights at Petra? We have an 8:20am flight out of Amman after the 3rd night, where is close to the airport but nice. Thank you for the help.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,387 posts
1,543 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amman to Petra to Cairo in 3 nights?

Hi,

You could drive straight to the Dead Sea. Stay overnight. - day 1. 1hr drive.

Next morning drive to Petra / see Petra - stay overnight. - day 2.

Drive Petra to Madaba or Amman - day 3. - 3 hrs drive. - day 3.

Approx 35mins drive from Madaba to Amman Airport.

Amman has some lovely 5* hotels or you do have the Golden Tulip Airport hotel which is very close to the airport.

6. Re: Amman to Petra to Cairo in 3 nights?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2011, 12:51
7. Re: Amman to Petra to Cairo in 3 nights?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 May 2011, 16:35
8. Re: Amman to Petra to Cairo in 3 nights?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2012, 03:20