We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Self guided tour from Eilat

Which Petra - Wadi Musa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
CALI
Level Contributor
431 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Self guided tour from Eilat

i see many tours from Eilat for $250/pp + taxes

Is it possible to go to Petra in 1 day from Eilat without a tour? what are costs??

taxi to eilat/jordon border?

taxi from jordon border to petra?

entrance into Petra?

taxi back with stops?

i dont need costs of lunch/food/snacks

Aqaba, Jordan
Level Contributor
2,696 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Self guided tour from Eilat

- Eilat to Aqaba,,, I would check on the Israel forum.

- entrance fee into Petra is 50JOD ( $71USD).

- taxi from Aqaba to Petra, should be around the 40JOD mark.

- taxi back with stops,, will cost more, depending on where and how long you depend to stop for.......

ciao

A99

Fontainebleau
Destination Expert
for Petra - Wadi Musa
Level Contributor
2,888 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Self guided tour from Eilat

If you are not spending the night in Jordan, then the entrance fee to Petra is 90JD! The difference (40JD) easily covers the cost of bed, breakfast and an evening meal, so it would be much better if you did this and not be so rushed.

Taxi fare from Aqaba to Petra would be 40JD and the same to come back again. But if you stay the night and the next day isn't a Friday, you can get an early morning bus to Aqaba which cuts this cost right down.

3. Re: Self guided tour from Eilat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2014, 06:17