We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Petra cancelled.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,894 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to Petra cancelled.

Heard today that our day trip from Taba to Petra on the 4th Oct is cancelled. My only reason for booking Taba was to visit Petra, so I a bit fed up to say the lest.

Boston
Level Contributor
303 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Petra cancelled.

What is the reason?

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,894 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Petra cancelled.

Booked via Thomson's, no reason given.

Odense
Level Contributor
390 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Petra cancelled.

So if they cancel the trip I suppose you should have the right to cancel as well. What about going to Aqaba instead?

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,894 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Petra cancelled.

The trip was a add on and not part of the Thomson holiday. The week in Taba is still on. Still want to go to Taba, just disappointed about Petra.

We've also had our trip down the Nile cancelled this week, so maybe I'll look into a week in Jordan for a winter break.

Fontainebleau
Destination Expert
for Petra - Wadi Musa
Level Contributor
2,903 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to Petra cancelled.

You can get to Petra quite easily by yourself if you want to. Cross into Israel, take a taxi across to the Jordan border (about 10 minutes) and take a taxi to Petra! If you don't spend the night in Jordan the entrance fee to Petra is 90JD instead of 50, so it is cheaper to take two days over it.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
8,900 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip to Petra cancelled.

Trip Taba to Petra cancelled due to cancellation and shortage of patronage.

If you are in this part of the world you mus visit Petra.It is shame not the see it.

Keep in mind if you enter Israel you need to pay exit tax twice and that is not cheap.beside transport from and to borders.with Egypt and Jordan.

Consider travel to Nueiba and take ferry to Aqaba

A couple of days at least to make it worthwhile visiting .You can include Wadi Rum on your way from Aqaba

cheers

Raymond

Amman Pasha Hotel

Fontainebleau
Destination Expert
for Petra - Wadi Musa
Level Contributor
2,903 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip to Petra cancelled.

SFB if he is in Taba, why would he go to Nuweiba instead of just crossing the frontier at Taba/Ailat/Aqaba?? That would make it a full day to get to Petra instead of about two hours.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
8,900 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip to Petra cancelled.

Amariya that is correct time wise It can take a full day.

I just made the poster aware of the cost of exiting Israel twice , paying departure tax combined with high cost of tramspost .just in case that counts that can be another option

cheers

Raymond

Eilat, Israel
Destination Expert
for Taba, Eilat
Level Contributor
1,339 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip to Petra cancelled.

Even with the cost of paying border taxes twice I've been told it is only a fraction more expensive than what they charge for the trip by boat from Taba.

10. Re: Trip to Petra cancelled.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2014, 05:19