We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lost Nikon DSLR camera in Petra

Which Petra - Wadi Musa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bangalore, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Lost Nikon DSLR camera in Petra

Hi,

Yesterday (3 November, 2013), while walking around Petra, I lost my Nikon D5200. I had gone into the restroom near the Theatre (next to Marguerite van Geldermalsen's stall) and hung the camera from the hook behind the toilet door. I forgot to take it on my way out and when I came back 10 minutes later, it was gone. The lady who minds the toilet looked around and said no one had turned in anything. No luck with the tourist police either. Even the shopkeepers and donkey / horsemen pleaded ignorance. If anyone happens to come across the camera - please do get in touch via TripAdvisor. I will be eternally grateful. If you can't reach me, please leave word with Jane at Rocky Mountain Hotel, Wadi Musa. Thanks!

Edited: 04 November 2013, 12:39
Aqaba, Jordan
Level Contributor
2,696 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lost Nikon DSLR camera in Petra

I do have sympathy for losing or forgetting such a camera on a toilet door,,, and I do hope you find it,, or at least the memory card.....

what struck me about your post was desceibing the locals as; " pleaded ignorance " why should they plead ignorance !!!!,, when it was more a lapse of your mind.....

I do hope you get it back and the best of luck...

ciao

A99

Petra
Level Contributor
2,598 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lost Nikon DSLR camera in Petra

I agree A99, it's very accusing. The locals probably never even use those toilets anyway. So the one who took it it's most likely one of your fellow tourists ... Hope you get it back.

Patricia (Petra B&B)

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,093 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lost Nikon DSLR camera in Petra

While you may or may not get your camera back, sometimes a thief will return a memory card. What I started doing ( suggested somewhere here on TA) is that the first picture on the card is my name, address and contact information. I just use my first name.

Bangalore, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lost Nikon DSLR camera in Petra

Thanks so much. That's a really good idea. I'll do that henceforth. Only useful suggestion I got to my post. :)

5. Re: Lost Nikon DSLR camera in Petra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2014, 05:16