We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Amman to Petra-Wadi Musa

1 post
Save Topic
Transportation from Amman to Petra-Wadi Musa

We are in Amman. We want to get to Wadi Musa. What is the best transportation to get there at a reasonable price & the least complicated?

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
7,868 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Amman to Petra-Wadi Musa

Susan Your hotel is best to organise a private taxi ,reliable and safe ride with a quality driver.

cost around $ 100

cheers

Raymond

Amman Pasha Hotel

Petra - Wadi Musa...
Level Contributor
1,465 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Amman to Petra-Wadi Musa

Welcome to Jordan,

You have three options:

1) By JETT bus, at 6:30am (Only one bus, and daily) From Al Abdali bus station

2) By minibus from the south bus station (Al - Mojama' Al-Janoobi). They start from 8:00am until 16:00, depend of passengers

3) By private tourist car, approx 70JOD.

Please, do not hesitate to contact me for any inquiry

Enjoy

Jordan Beauty Tours

Milano Marittima...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Amman to Petra-Wadi Musa

Dear Suzan,

I hope you are enjoying Sunny Amman today!

You can get Camry ( Toyota) for a much reasonable price with english speaking driver who can assist in sites explanations. For any further inquiries feel free to ask.

Jordan Tours & Travel

4. Re: Transportation from Amman to Petra-Wadi Musa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 December 2013, 08:35
London, United...
Level Contributor
467 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from Amman to Petra-Wadi Musa

Hi

You don't need a cab take the Jett bus from the ticket off best to get there for 6 am I didn't pre book and had no problems getting a seat approx 4 hours and drops u next to the visitor centre . Take a look at my trip report re my trip last week.

London, United...
Level Contributor
467 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation from Amman to Petra-Wadi Musa

Hi

You don't need a cab take the Jett bus from the ticket office best to get there for 6am for 19jd return i didn't pre book and had no problems getting a seat approx 4 hours and drops u next to the visitor centre . Take a look at my trip report re my trip last week.

Fontainebleau
Destination Expert
for Petra - Wadi Musa
Level Contributor
2,889 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation from Amman to Petra-Wadi Musa

The locals use the minibuses from the south bus station. It's interesting that Ali was the only person to mention this option. As he said, the buses go all through the day, leaving when they are full.

It's much cheaper than the JETT bus, but less comfortable. Any taxi driver in Amman can take you to the bus station, although he might try to persuade you to hire him to take you all the way!

Scotland
Level Contributor
173 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation from Amman to Petra-Wadi Musa

When we were there we got the Jett bus - no problems and very pleasant journey.

9. Re: Transportation from Amman to Petra-Wadi Musa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2015, 06:18