We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Petral Marriott Hotel to AMM transportation

Which Petra - Wadi Musa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
229 posts
342 reviews
Save Topic
Petral Marriott Hotel to AMM transportation

I have a flight from AMM to Paris at 11 a.m. on a weekday. I'm thinking of staying at the Marriott in Petra, instead of the one at the Dead Sea.

What should I expect the taxi fare to be from Petra to AMM? Other than taxi, is there alternative transportation from Petra to AMM (e.g., bus, shared ride van, etc)? Also, what time should I plan to leave from Petra?

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
7,510 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Petral Marriott Hotel to AMM transportation

best option most convenient take a private ( prearranged)Staxi to airport takes 2.30 hours drive cost around jod 80

cheers

Raymond

amman Pasha hotel

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
229 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Petral Marriott Hotel to AMM transportation

Thank you!

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
229 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Petral Marriott Hotel to AMM transportation

I just want to report back that the pre-arranged taxi cost 100 JOD. We left five hours before my flight departure time. The journey from Petra to the airport took about 3 hours, so I had plenty of time to check in, go through security, and do some last minute souvenir shopping. 100 JOD = ~US$150, which is the most I've paid to date for going to the airport, but I did not know of a cheaper alternative. Plus, the taxi did have to return from Amman to Petra empty (or so the driver told me).

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
7,510 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Petral Marriott Hotel to AMM transportation

thanks for taking trouble to report back to forum much appreciated.

I guess a five has a five star price comes with it that is understandable.they get commission too.

cheers

Raymond

Amman Pasha Hotel

5. Re: Petral Marriott Hotel to AMM transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2015, 05:15