We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Petra wadi rum in a full day trip

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2 posts
123 reviews
Save Topic
Petra wadi rum in a full day trip

We have one day and would love to see petra and wadi rum. I have seen one or two places that provide such a tour. Any suggestions as to which tour company to use or if we should do an organized prebooked tour vs trying to wing it once we get to the border. Also does anyone know the current cost of crossing into Jordan? I heard around 60 dollars per person and thought that was US dollars but I'm not sure of the currency. We have limited budget and are trying to do this as economically as possible. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Phyllis Greenberg

greenbergphyllis@yahoo.com

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,885 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Petra wadi rum in a full day trip

With only one day I would not try to squeeze both in. Even if you focus entirely on Petra I highly doubt you will get to see everything. If you cross at Wadi Araba (Eilat / Aqaba) you can get the free ASEZ visa and if you are crossing anywhere else good luck trying to squeeze in Wadi Rum and Petra.

www.jordanjubilee.com/genjord/hardfact.htm

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Petra wadi rum in a full day trip

We will be crossing into Jordan from Eilat so if we ask for this ASEZ visa there is no cost for it? So even with going in from Eilat you don't think there is enough time in one day to do both places?

Petra
Level Contributor
2,818 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Petra wadi rum in a full day trip

It's a 2 your drive from the Eilat - Aqaba border to Petra an 2 hours back, a detour via Wadi Rum would add another 45 minutes to an hour to the travel time so I have to agree with the first poster and say you don't have enough time to do both. Enjoy the limited time that you have in one of the 2 places.

The visa in Aqaba is indeed free.

Enjoy !

Patricia (Petra B&B)

Fontainebleau
Destination Expert
for Petra - Wadi Musa
Level Contributor
2,889 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Petra wadi rum in a full day trip

Yes, I go along with everybody else. Better to see one of the sites, if not completely, than just an hour at each.

5. Re: Petra wadi rum in a full day trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2015, 06:15