We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Price of Gorilla Permits reduced.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
360 reviews
Save Topic
Price of Gorilla Permits reduced.

I have just got news from a Ugandan friend that Ugandan Wildlife Authority have substantially reduced the cost of Gorilla permits.

Off peak months of March, April May, September and October are now only US$350.

Jan, Feb, June-August and November December remain at US$500.

So anybody able to visit in the off peak months get a real bargain.

Good luck.

Kampala
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Price of Gorilla Permits reduced.

well thats good Mfuwe. now during the low season hope Uganda will receive more tourists as it is in the peak season. Most people want to travel during the low season but some times because of the prices, they decide not to travel.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Price of Gorilla Permits reduced.

I think that is the logic behind it. The number of groups has grown to cope with peak demand but this creates its own problems as the Gorillas must still be visited during off peak when visitor numbers are low.

I think it will work. Hope so. I am a committted off peak traveller.

Kampala
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Price of Gorilla Permits reduced.

Hope the ORTPN of Rwanda also does the same thing. Other wise they will lose out tourists during the low season

san francisco
Level Contributor
647 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Price of Gorilla Permits reduced.

Apropos of this news, the following message was just posted by Phillip Briggs on his website:

"During the course of 2011, two new gorilla groups will complete their habituation program and be opened up to visitors. This will take the number of habituated gorilla groups up to eight. Because of the increase in number of permits that will become available, the Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) has decided to reduce the price of gorilla permits for the above months. Foreign non-residents will now pay US$350.00 (down from US$500), foreign residents will pay $250.00, and East Africans will pay Ush100,000. And the new tariffs are ONLY applicable from March to May and October to November when sales are at their lowest.As ever, gorilla tracking permits are valid for one walk per day."

5. Re: Price of Gorilla Permits reduced.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2012, 10:31