We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Site showing how many Gorilla tracking permits available?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Site showing how many Gorilla tracking permits available?

I read this helpful site:

…blogspot.ca/2012/10/how-to-book-gorilla-tra…

But I'm still wondering...is there any site that shows in real time, how many gorilla tracking permits are available? Or is just a matter of choosing a date and asking if there are permits available?

Say that we wanted to visit Uganda and Tanzania and wanted to start with Uganda. We'd have to book our flight to Uganda with a date where we could be sure to get a permit. I'm just wondering how to go about figuring out the combination of international flight and permit availability.

Thanks.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,035 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Site showing how many Gorilla tracking permits available?

I don't think there is such a site and if there was I would not trust it.

If you book far enough ahead permits are available.

Make provisional contact with a TO for the trip, get costs. Agree outline itinerary. Get permit. Get plane tickets. firm up Itinerary.

It is not really so critical as if the flight happens to be two or three days different from optimum just rejig the rest of the Safari itinerary.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Site showing how many Gorilla tracking permits available?

Alright thanks.

I think the permits would be the rate limiting step, so to speak. So once we figure out when permits are available, we can book the Uganda and TZ itineraries around that.

Kampala
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Site showing how many Gorilla tracking permits available?

That is right amz. September is a peak season so you have to book the permits soonest.

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
555 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Site showing how many Gorilla tracking permits available?

Remember traveling from Kampala to Bwindi impenetrable forest will take you 10-12 hours by road and 1 hour by flight but you can make a stop over at lake mburo national park which is 4 hours drive from Kampala.

5. Re: Site showing how many Gorilla tracking permits available?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 March 2014, 09:05
6. Re: Site showing how many Gorilla tracking permits available?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2015, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Bwindi Impenetrable...