We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gorilla trekking in the month of May

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
21 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Gorilla trekking in the month of May

Has anyone gorilla trekked in the month of May in Bwindi? I know its the low season.... but how was the trek itself? Was it more trouble than worth it, b/c of rain? Thanks for any help!

Kampala
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gorilla trekking in the month of May

Gorilla trekking is always worth it.

Bwindi is a tropical rain forest so it doesn't matter so much when you go because it could still rain anyway.

Make sure you have the right shoes, warm clothing and a rain coat just in case.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
21 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gorilla trekking in the month of May

Thank you! Which sector is better to trek? As far as, a better chance at seeing gorillas. Northern (Buhoma) or the Southern sector?

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,191 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gorilla trekking in the month of May

All sectors have around 99% success rate. Rarely do folks miss seeing them and if you did you would get a re-run the next day f.o.c!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Gorilla trekking in the month of May

There is an advance team of experts that goes way ahead for you . The advance team finds them and communicates with your ranger regarding their location. It is a sure deal that you will see them, and spend some time with them.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
21 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gorilla trekking in the month of May

Thank you for your information! I'm excited.... but I will be prepared for the likelihood of rain. I have a go pro to use if it rains.

6. Re: Gorilla trekking in the month of May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2015, 07:15