We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many days for Dharamsala or Amritsar ?

Which Dharamsala hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How many days for Dharamsala or Amritsar ?

I am traveling to India in late Nov. First week = Golden Triangle tour. I then have 7 days to use for Dharamsala or Amritsar or both. Would like advice please on how to split the time. Note I will not be doing any trekking or the likes, I have an interest in visiting some temples and places of interest, I simply want to know which place is advisable to spend more time in please?

Thanks

Fort Bragg
Level Contributor
35 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many days for Dharamsala or Amritsar ?

We would recommend Dharamsala/Mcleod Ganj... It also depends on your India experience. It does take a while to get in the Rhythm

of any area of India... If you want to site see, then short stay, if you want to experience, then as long as you can.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
190 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: How many days for Dharamsala or Amritsar ?

You can do both of them even Mcleod Ganj. Plan to stay in Amritsar for 1 night do a little sight seeing book ticket or a ride to Dharamsala/ Mc leod gang. 5 day there are also good. Relaxing.

Edited: 12 September 2010, 23:16
agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How many days for Dharamsala or Amritsar ?

Dharamsala much smaller place then Amritsar but people spend more time there. Dharamsala with beautifull surroundings and Dalai Lama makes it Important. Amritsar is a big city with Golden temple and Wagha border that is India 's border with Pakistan nd other places of tourist interest. You can spend two days in Amritsar and rest in Dharamshala.

deepak

4. Re: How many days for Dharamsala or Amritsar ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2011, 07:21