We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Delhi to Dharamsala: Train, Bus or Plane - thoughts?

Which Dharamsala hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
New Delhi to Dharamsala: Train, Bus or Plane - thoughts?

Hi there!

I'll be arriving in Delhi at the end of August and need to get to Dharamsala to see a friend of mine a few days after my arrival. I've heard the trip by air isn't the most reliable as weather is often a reason for the planes to be turned back. So, I'm looking into the other options.

I stumbled on this thread and thought I'd ask for some recommendations.

Thanks!

~marlo

philippines
Level Contributor
81 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: New Delhi to Dharamsala: Train, Bus or Plane - thoughts?

is it better to get train tickets for a train that starts and ends in your actual destination? i am taking a look at cleartrip trains and i noticed that DAULADHAR EXP starts in delhi (source) and ends in pathankot (destination). is this better than other trains that just stop at delhi and pathankot then move on to the next station?

12. Re: New Delhi to Dharamsala: Train, Bus or Plane - thoughts?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2015, 05:15