We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 or 3 days in Hampi?

Troy, New York
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
2 or 3 days in Hampi?

I am wondering if I should stay for 2 or 3 days..how would I go about spending 3 days? Are there enough view points(hill tops,sunsets,places with views of the river) etc. for photography that would keep me occupied for 3 days?

Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
1,942 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 or 3 days in Hampi?

Not less than 3 days.Plenty of interesting places from a photographer's perspective. Sanapur in the evening, Hanumanhalli in the morning, Anjenayadri Hill and Anegundi Village

Troy, New York
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 or 3 days in Hampi?

And do you think August(around 15th Aug) would be a good time to visit ? I dont mind a little rain,but does it rain a lot? And is it green enough? And how about Badami(in August)?

Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
1,942 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 or 3 days in Hampi?

The monsoons turn the landscape green and the clouds give definition to the skyline. So should be good in mid Aug.

Troy, New York
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 or 3 days in Hampi?

That's great..can you review my itinerary for N.Karnataka?

day 1: to day 3: Hampi

day 4 : leave early in the morning for Badami, see the caves and surroundings in the afternoon and evening.

day 5: Aihole,Pattadakal etc. possible to do by local buses? Go to Bijapur late in the night by train.

day 6: Spend the morning in Bijapur, leave for Pune by the afternoon train. Is 3-4 hours in the morning good enough? When is the light good in Bijapur,morning or evening?

Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Madikeri, Karnataka
Level Contributor
4,335 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 or 3 days in Hampi?

Hi,

Your itinerary is good.

In Bijapur,morning light is better for pics.

Deepak

Troy, New York
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 or 3 days in Hampi?

And is it safe to arrive in Bijapur at 1 am by train,as a solo traveler?

Troy, New York
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 or 3 days in Hampi?

Is Aihole-Pattadakal possible in a few hours,like if I leave at 8am,will I be back by 3-4 PM? And how much would a car/auto charge me?

Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Madikeri, Karnataka
Level Contributor
4,335 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 or 3 days in Hampi?

Badami to Aiholle/Pattadakkal can be covered as per your timings.

Plenty of buses ply on this stretch,but to be safer inview of your limited time,try shared taxis or exclusive taxis.

9. Re: 2 or 3 days in Hampi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2014, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Hampi