We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bijapur, Hampi Trip - this weekend - need suggestions

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
9 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Bijapur, Hampi Trip - this weekend - need suggestions

Dear All,

I am travelling ( along with my wife ) to Bijapur from Bangalore on 23rd Jan evening. I will be reaching Bijapur on 24th Jan, Friday. Following is my travel plan...

23rd Jan - Depart from Bangalore and travel overnight by Train

24th Jan - Reach Bijapur, check-in to the Hotel and tour Bijapur, stay overnight at the Hotel

25th Jan - start early in the morning, travel to ( by hiring a car ) Pattadakkal, Badami & Aihole and reach Hospet, overnight stay at Hospet ( still contemplating the Hotel )

26th Jan - Full day Hampi Sight-seeing ( either by Auto or by a small car ), depart to Bangalore, train at 20:40 from Hospet

1. I need help in vetting my travel plans and suggesting changes if neccessary, I know 25th Jan is stretched, but want feedback on if the plan is unrealistic.

2. Can you suggest the places I should be covering in Bijapur on 24th Jan, I don't plan to hire a car for sight seeing, can I cover the places by Auto / local buses ( i will be staying close to Gol Gumbaz )

3. I plan to stay at Hotel Hampi International in Hospet, particularly because it's close to the railway station and offers 24 hours check-in check-out policy which will suit me since I will arrive late on Saturday night and can check-out late on Sunday ( i will need the room only for freshening up on Sunday night before boarding the train )

4. Can you suggest the approx charges for a AC Indica or similar car for my trip from Bijapur to Hospet via Pattadakkal, Badami & Aihole and will I be able to cover all the places if I start by 7 AM and reach Hampi by 9 PM or so........would be grateful if you can suggest a few cab companies name / driver names

5. One related question, i have is that since I am hiring a cab from Bijapur will the charge me for going back empty to Bijapur from Hampi ?

These are the questions I have in mind, would be grateful for your feedback and suggestions.

Thank you,

Regards,

Vijay

Mentioned in this post
Bangalore District
Bangalore District
Karnataka, India
Hospet
Hospet
Bellary District, India
Hampi
Hampi
Bellary District, India
Hotel Hampi International
Hotel Hampi International
210 Reviews
Hospet, India
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
9 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bijapur, Hampi Trip - this weekend - need suggestions

Dear Fellow Travellers,

I have made a small itenary change to the above, I will be travelling from Bijapur to Aihole / Badami by local bus on Saturday morning and have arrange with Ganga Tours & Travels to send a can to either of these places depdning on Bus timings, they will take me to other places like Banashankari, Aihole, Badami & Pattadakkal and drop me at Hospet.

Want to know if there are regular buses from Bijapur to Aihole / Badami and will it be available at 6:30 or 7 AM, and what would be the approx travel time, will appreciate your feedback or early reply.

Thanks,

Vijay

Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Madikeri, Karnataka
Level Contributor
4,487 posts
456 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bijapur, Hampi Trip - this weekend - need suggestions

Hi,

In Bijapur,visit Gol Gumbaz, Upri Burj , Barah Kaman, Malik e maidaan, Ibrahim Rouza,etc; either by an auto or Tonga or u can also trek.

Also plan a visit to Almatti dam.

There are pvt as well as KSRTC buses from Bijapur upto Kerur or Bagalkot,where you can change over to Badami.

Although the distance is about 120 kms,it sometimes takes around 3-4 hours depending on the bus frequency. There are early morning buses too.

Bangalore
Level Contributor
88 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bijapur, Hampi Trip - this weekend - need suggestions

Hi Vijay

How much is the Ganga tour guy charging ? Since you are back I have a few questions. Can I call to discuss

Manish from Bangalore

Mentioned in this post
Bangalore District
Bangalore District
Karnataka, India
4. Re: Bijapur, Hampi Trip - this weekend - need suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2015, 05:21