I am travelling ( along with my wife ) to Bijapur from Bangalore on 23rd Jan evening. I will be reaching Bijapur on 24th Jan, Friday. Following is my travel plan...
23rd Jan - Depart from Bangalore and travel overnight by Train
24th Jan - Reach Bijapur, check-in to the Hotel and tour Bijapur, stay overnight at the Hotel
25th Jan - start early in the morning, travel to ( by hiring a car ) Pattadakkal, Badami & Aihole and reach Hospet, overnight stay at Hospet ( still contemplating the Hotel )
26th Jan - Full day Hampi Sight-seeing ( either by Auto or by a small car ), depart to Bangalore, train at 20:40 from Hospet
1. I need help in vetting my travel plans and suggesting changes if neccessary, I know 25th Jan is stretched, but want feedback on if the plan is unrealistic.
2. Can you suggest the places I should be covering in Bijapur on 24th Jan, I don't plan to hire a car for sight seeing, can I cover the places by Auto / local buses ( i will be staying close to Gol Gumbaz )
3. I plan to stay at Hotel Hampi International in Hospet, particularly because it's close to the railway station and offers 24 hours check-in check-out policy which will suit me since I will arrive late on Saturday night and can check-out late on Sunday ( i will need the room only for freshening up on Sunday night before boarding the train )
4. Can you suggest the approx charges for a AC Indica or similar car for my trip from Bijapur to Hospet via Pattadakkal, Badami & Aihole and will I be able to cover all the places if I start by 7 AM and reach Hampi by 9 PM or so........would be grateful if you can suggest a few cab companies name / driver names
5. One related question, i have is that since I am hiring a cab from Bijapur will the charge me for going back empty to Bijapur from Hampi ?
These are the questions I have in mind, would be grateful for your feedback and suggestions.