We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train to seefeld

Which Seefeld in Tirol hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hod Hasharon
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Topic
train to seefeld

We intend to travel by train from Munich Airport to Seefeld so I have a few questions.

We want to by the Bayern Ticket as we are 4 people. So I understand that's good to get us to Mittenwald, so can we buy the tickets from MIttenwald to Seefeld in the airport or only on the train, and should we buy the Einfach Raus ticket (if that's possible on the train) or regular tickets?

Also for the return journey is it possible to buy the Bayern ticket in Seefeld or should we buy in advance at the airport? If we want to get off for awhile in Munich (our flight back is at 22:45), can we still use the same ticket to get to the airport? Is it a ticket for the whole day and is it good for transportation around Munich as well?

Vienna
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: train to seefeld

The Bayern Ticket can as well be bought through this link:

bahn.de/i/…laender-ticket.shtml

This excludes being afraid if it would be possible to buy it in Seefeld or not.

From Mittenwald to Seefeld I would go for regular tickets as it is only a ride of 19 minutes. Probably it might not cost 34 Euros, like you would need to pay withe the Bayern Ticket, or it will, more or less be the same. You can buy the ticket to Seefeld probably as well at the machines at the airport.

For the return journey you can make a beark in Munich and then continue either with the S1 or S8 to the airport as both traisn are regional ones.

Just be aware of the fact that from Monday to Friday the bayern Ticket will start to be valid only from 09:00 a.m.

Regards

Ottavio N.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
9,007 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: train to seefeld

As mentioned above Seefeld to Mittenwald just use local single tickets (€7.70 each)

THE BAYERN TICKET

Costs €22 for 1 person then €4 for each additional person up to a total of 5 people. Gives you UNLIMITED use of ALL Regional public transport in Bavaria. Includes ALL Regional trains, ALL Regional buses and ALL city transport in Munich, Augsburg and Nürnberg.

Only the fast ICE, IC, EC and RJ Railjet trains are excluded

Valid from 9am weekdays (midnight weekends) until 3am the following morning

Full T&Cs and click on Bayern

bahn.de/i/…laender-ticket.shtml

To make things easy you have a choice.

You can either buy the Bayern Tickets online - ensuring you put in your dates of travel

OR

Just buy 2 tickets from the Ticket Machine at Munich Airport - Remembering to change the dates for the return one

OR

simply go to the Deutsche Bahn ticket desk in the Terminal 1 foyer directly above the S-Bahn station

If coming from Terminal 2 simply walk across the outside area to Terminal 1. There is an escalator (outside) that goes down to the S-Bahn platform (where you will find the machines or simply carry on walking and enter Terminal 1 Central area. You will see the Deutsche Bahn desk

Heres a Munich MVV map

mvv-muenchen.de/fileadmin/media/Dateien/plae…

When looking for the S-Bahn at the Airport simply look for the white S in the green circle (above map top left)

To check connections use http://www.bahn.de/i/view/GBR/en/index.shtml and tick the box "Local transport" - this will then show only Regional transport solutions (i.e. that valid with the Bayern Ticket - although you must personally take into account the 9am Weekday restrictions)

3. Re: train to seefeld

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2014, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Seefeld in Tirol